Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When is Enough Enough???

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:56 AM
  • 8 Replies

We keep trying and working with the system--we have an older teen (almost adult) (the youngest) with severe attachment disoder and adopted as pre-teen (very young pre-teen)  so it has been about 7 yrs ago since we adopted-we knew there would be attachment issues but this is over the top--we have another young adult (the oldest) we adopted the same time-7 yrs ago--he has strived and done very well( siblings they are)

So I am going to make this short--we have done family time, individual time, counseling (attachment too counseling), post adoption services for YEARS!!!-looked in the best interest for both of our kids- and our youngest still having the attachment issues--which I understand due to their situation prior to us but why does the system triangulate so bad??  We had to get help and had to place him in a residential after 5 yrs of him being with us due to extensive physical abuse on the older one (who has severe/moderate physical and developmental delays-non-verbal, in a wheelchair) and also on me on the animals--we discussed counseling and everything and he was not removed until we were all beat up and it was awful by the time he left--so anyways he has been placement for a long while (which was the last thing we wanted to do due to attachment issues but again safety especially on our young adult with sever/moderate special needs)  WE just kept trying and trying and he is in denial of anything that happened but we kept visiting and writing and telephoning but right now he will do no contact with us and we keep writing (he won't take our phone calls no more)  The therapist even says he will not address the issues that are needed to be addressed and just wants to completely detach from us---so the court system is looking at financial aspect (even the counselor agrees with that-says that) and after all these years they want to terminate our rights due to how long he has been in placement (although they say we are excellent parents)  We won't give up on our teen--but it's tough when the system is against you and all we do is try all these years for our teen and our teen due to his RAD just keep pushing away and I feel the system triangulate us and that is the worst thing for our teen

Please keep us in your prayers---Thank you for your time and Take Care --

From the Stil Hopeful!!! (but it's hard sometimes!!)

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sammygrl77
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:00 AM
(((Hugs)))

You are in my thoughts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Quoting sammygrl77:

(((Hugs)))

You are in my thoughts.

Thanks-need it

letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:12 AM

your right , enough is enough

mandee1503
by Amanda on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:56 AM
*hugs* hang in there, hope things get better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Thinking about you mama and praying for you:)

lifeisajoy
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Thanks everyone--feel like I am going crazy--but not really--but going on too long!!! this nutso situation--I am exhausted!!!  but then get up the next day and try again--feels like I am fighting an uphill battle-sometimes I have to remember "Let Go and Let God"  It's hard-today is hard day--been rough--

CameronsMommy23
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:52 PM
You're in my thoughts! *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Quoting CameronsMommy23:

You're in my thoughts! *hugs*

Thank you!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)