• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what nutrictional supplements does your kid use

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM
  • 14 Replies

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
willysmama
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:57 PM

flintstone vitamins with dha, choline

lifeisajoy
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:02 PM

multi gummi (chewable) vitamin

generic pediasure if sick

miralax in his drinks every other day--

letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:07 PM

boost or ensure

gummy vit

mamacough
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:22 PM

pediasure side kicks. I had been giving her carnation instant breakfast mix but it constipated her.

mom2zachy122
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:28 PM

prescription multi vit with calcium (DS does NOT do dairy)

melatonin 3mg at night.....works AWESOME at getting him to sleep.  Now if he would just STAY asleep eye rolling

Stazzi
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
This might not be the best first post. My son has SIDs and is developmentallydelayed. Because of his limited diet, I try to make his options as healthyas possible. I know that isnt always an option though.

He gets 1 chewable multivitamin and 1 probotic a day, both from the health food store. They do not contain fake sugar or dyes, etc. Before the chewables he had liquid vitamins.

Instead of carnation instant breakfast, I found an organic meal supplement. It comes in chocolate and vanilla and its called pedia smart. He also has coconut water mixed with juice when he gets sick. It has a lot more electrolytes and no added sugar (no fake sugar either).

Thankfully he has been crazy addicted to peanut butter, so he gets plenty of protein. For fruits and veggies, he will eat applesauce or have a coupleof plum organic pouches.

Sorry this was so long. I hope it can help others though and I am always looking for more ideas as well.
sayres
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Sugar free chewable vitamin and liquid fish oil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tobysmom103
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:10 PM

toby gets pedisure

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the group!  I LOVE peanut butter too!

Quoting Stazzi:

This might not be the best first post. My son has SIDs and is developmentallydelayed. Because of his limited diet, I try to make his options as healthyas possible. I know that isnt always an option though.

He gets 1 chewable multivitamin and 1 probotic a day, both from the health food store. They do not contain fake sugar or dyes, etc. Before the chewables he had liquid vitamins.

Instead of carnation instant breakfast, I found an organic meal supplement. It comes in chocolate and vanilla and its called pedia smart. He also has coconut water mixed with juice when he gets sick. It has a lot more electrolytes and no added sugar (no fake sugar either).

Thankfully he has been crazy addicted to peanut butter, so he gets plenty of protein. For fruits and veggies, he will eat applesauce or have a coupleof plum organic pouches.

Sorry this was so long. I hope it can help others though and I am always looking for more ideas as well.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Brady gets Pediasure w/ fiber through his g-tube, and he also gets 2 vitamins...Aquadek which is vitamins A, D, E, & K, and he also gets Nano VM which is another vitamin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)