Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help stopping the back talk in an ADHD child

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:45 PM
  • 12 Replies

My 8 year old Has ADHD, she is not on meds right now cause she is being tested for bipolar and schizophrenia. She will not stop talking back to me everything I say she has something to say right back I've tryed everything I can think of to get her to stop and now my 5 year old is doing it too. Dose anyone have any suggestions?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:48 PM

meds is the only thing i have ever seen work for my 12 yr old

Theresa0714
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:52 PM

they dont want her on meds tell the testing is done but thanks :)

lifeisajoy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:18 PM

does she have routine schedule?  Firm but caring--Is she actively involved in things she likes?  

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 9, 2012 at 6:14 AM

What does she respond to?  Grounding?  Time out?  Taking things away?  Just a thought...no idea though.  Good luck mama!

Theresa0714
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:09 AM
We have a light schedule I could make it firmer. The problem is all the time I could be having a nice conversation with her then all the sudden she starts with her mouth
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:13 AM
I have no words of advice but I would like to say you are in my prayers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Theresa0714
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Thank you

pami5633
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Ive been thinking of buying a roll of DUCT tape for my sons mouth who is ADHD and Bipolar. Kidding, but my 18 y/o can be just as bad. , Don't talk back to them, Its hard to ignore, but she is not medicated and has no implulse control. I find the more I argue with my kids the more they talk back. So i state my peace, if that doesnt work, they are sent to their rooms til I deem them ok to come out. Stick to your guns with what you say, never waver. 

letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2012 at 12:24 AM

do this daily

Quoting pami5633:

Ive been thinking of buying a roll of DUCT tape for my sons mouth who is ADHD and Bipolar. Kidding, but my 18 y/o can be just as bad. , Don't talk back to them, Its hard to ignore, but she is not medicated and has no implulse control. I find the more I argue with my kids the more they talk back. So i state my peace, if that doesnt work, they are sent to their rooms til I deem them ok to come out. Stick to your guns with what you say, never waver. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 10, 2012 at 5:36 AM

Good advice mama!

Quoting pami5633:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)