Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there a rule that a lot of people don't have no more that you have at your house?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM
  • 6 Replies

Mine is no tvs in no bedrooms and we have 2 tvs-family room and living room and that is plenty

Eat every dinner meal together at the table when we eat at home-besides sometimes on Fridays it is a pizza or chicken wing night and family movie night

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JeneneRose
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I have lots of rules in my house! lol
*Kids and I always sit at the table everyday for lunch unless we are out and about. (I used to work 2nd shift for 6 yrs 4p-2a so I wasnt home for supper I just never stopped doing lunches like that)
*No smoking in the house.
*Its quite time from 6:30p-9:30p everynight where we watch a movie or just play games in the bedroom.
*If Maiden is naughty he gets a strike and when he gets 3 strikes he gets to pick either sit on the stairs in time out for 10 min or run 10 laps.
*for at least an hour each day I work with Maiden on learning to spell, read or add/subtract.
I could go on but most rules are just the basic rules.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elayna90
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 4:01 AM
1 mom liked this
No tv in the bedrooms is a rule here too

Eating dinner at the table
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetangie79
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:30 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids ages 16, 14, and 8 all have to say yes Mam and No MaM and so forth.  They also are not allowed to talk back.  My 8 year old is the only one that lives at home.  He has a chart like they do at school.  3 checks in one day equals running 10 laps outside or picking up acorns at least 1 gallon. ( He then gives them to my cousin who has goats.)  He can earn 3 stars to take away 1 check my helping do extra things around the house, outside of regular chores.  He is also not allowed to yell, run to throw anything in the house.  He is not allowed to yell at anyone unless it major.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:58 AM

Great rules mama!  

Quoting JeneneRose:

I have lots of rules in my house! lol
*Kids and I always sit at the table everyday for lunch unless we are out and about. (I used to work 2nd shift for 6 yrs 4p-2a so I wasnt home for supper I just never stopped doing lunches like that)
*No smoking in the house.
*Its quite time from 6:30p-9:30p everynight where we watch a movie or just play games in the bedroom.
*If Maiden is naughty he gets a strike and when he gets 3 strikes he gets to pick either sit on the stairs in time out for 10 min or run 10 laps.
*for at least an hour each day I work with Maiden on learning to spell, read or add/subtract.
I could go on but most rules are just the basic rules.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:58 AM

I like the chart idea!

Quoting sweetangie79:

My kids ages 16, 14, and 8 all have to say yes Mam and No MaM and so forth.  They also are not allowed to talk back.  My 8 year old is the only one that lives at home.  He has a chart like they do at school.  3 checks in one day equals running 10 laps outside or picking up acorns at least 1 gallon. ( He then gives them to my cousin who has goats.)  He can earn 3 stars to take away 1 check my helping do extra things around the house, outside of regular chores.  He is also not allowed to yell, run to throw anything in the house.  He is not allowed to yell at anyone unless it major.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:59 AM
1 mom liked this

We don't really have many rules in my house since Brady is so young and it's just my husband, me, and him.  We do have a "no shoes in the house" rule, though...that's the number one way to bring in germs/dirt, so I require EVERYONE to take their shoes off in my house!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)