Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Special Needs Kid Goal Of The Week: ER Protocol

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:15 PM
  • 8 Replies

So I decided I needed to start getting more organized with all of Ty's medical history and medications and doctor's lists. As everything piles on I tend to forget things. But one of my major frustrations is going to the ER and repeating his entire life story to every nurse and doctor and explain what is going on and what he needs. I found an article on creating an ER protocol on complexchild.com. I dunno about copyrights and stuf so I will just post the link cuz I dunno if I am allowed to copy and paste all the info (if someone else knows if it is ok, let me know and I will edit this post and add it) but for now, here is the article:

http://articles.complexchild.com/feb2012/00364.html

Also there is a form you can download to have your child's physician fill out and is universally accepted:

http://www.acep.org/content.aspx?id=26276

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mom18103
by Lisa on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Thanx, I should consider this we have seven years of history

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Great idea mama!  Thanks for sharing:)

I have documents on my computer that I keep updated copies of with me at all times...these documents are lists of his medications, medical  history, current schedule, etc.  

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Thanks!!

Momma2JandK
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM

We have a notebook dedicated for all of K's medical and developmental services.  This goes with us anytime we have a Dr. appointment.  Our state is really starting to push the medical home model and I found a lot of information on the Families Together website previously. 

mandee1503
by Amanda on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Thanks for sharing!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:43 AM

That's great mama!

Quoting Momma2JandK:

We have a notebook dedicated for all of K's medical and developmental services.  This goes with us anytime we have a Dr. appointment.  Our state is really starting to push the medical home model and I found a lot of information on the Families Together website previously. 

sammygrl77
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM

thats great! thanks for sharing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)