Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ice Skating....... UPDATED!!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:09 PM
  • 9 Replies

Well this afternoon, we are going Ice Skating. I havent skated scents I was a little kid. Im planning on bringing a pillow to attach to my bum! lol My FIL is going to watch Lifeson at his house for us and thats only a few blocks from the ice rink. So Im excited to have sometime with Maiden. Im not sure how well his is gonna llike it or even if he will get on the ice with skates. He is excited about it and says mommy is gonna try to teach him. Im not sure how this will work out yet with him but Im gonna giver a try and hope we have fun with this. If Maiden dont like it I can run him back by Grandpa. Wish me luck so I dont break any bone!

Well skating when well. Maiden had a blast. They had these lil walkers things that the kids could hold on to and skate with. He used one of those and had a blast! He went slow and close to the wall. He fell on his bum 3 times and got right back up. Me on the other hand, I have a brused and swellon knee. I fell 2 times one on my bum and one on my knee. It dont seem to bad right now it should be ok as long as it dont get to swollen. All and all it was a great time! My MIL was the oldest person out there skating and she was pretty darn good at it to. She fell once when someone came inches from clipping her and she said in default she felt that if she did a controled fall it would hurt less. 

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mom18103
by Lisa on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Take ur time you'll do fine have fun

sayres
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Hope you have a great time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alex825
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Have fun!!!  I love to skate, Living in New England was mamdatory!

mandee1503
by Amanda on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Have fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Hope you guys had fun mama!  

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Take pictures and show us!

JeneneRose
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Take pictures and show us!

I was on the ice most of the time and didnt want to take the camera out there. but DH took one pic of me and Maiden standing on the ice I'll try to upload it but I dont know where my memory card reading is right now.

letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:01 AM

really sounds fun

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:42 AM

I'm SO glad things went well mama!  That's wonderful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)