Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the strangest thing your child does?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM
  • 29 Replies

I know I can ask this question in this group and it be okay as a lot of our children do "strange" things that are just different, and that's perfectly okay in my opinion!  

What does your child do that's different or strange?  A behavior?  A habit?  Something they say or do?  A noise they make?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:11 PM
3 moms liked this
He doesn't just walk anywhere, so like if we are walking down the sidewalk in Seattle he is jumping and hopping and pulling on me and shaking his head back and forth and tripping over his own feet and laughing. We pretty much wave our freak flag with pride wherever we go! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alex825
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:29 PM

she rips her toe and finger nails off!  OOOOOCHIE! 

mandee1503
by Amanda on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Jacob does this thing, he can't really help it, but it drives me insane. He holds his tongue to the roof of his mouth so basically he has to breath through his nose, but it sounds like he's snoring/ snorting. He does it a lot, and I work on him keeping his tongue down.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:44 AM

That's great!  He's having fun!

Quoting Elyssa414:

He doesn't just walk anywhere, so like if we are walking down the sidewalk in Seattle he is jumping and hopping and pulling on me and shaking his head back and forth and tripping over his own feet and laughing. We pretty much wave our freak flag with pride wherever we go! Lol

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:44 AM

That sounds painful!  Wow!

Quoting Alex825:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:45 AM

Poor little guy...sorry it annoys you!  I know just how you feel:)

Quoting mandee1503:

Jacob does this thing, he can't really help it, but it drives me insane. He holds his tongue to the roof of his mouth so basically he has to breath through his nose, but it sounds like he's snoring/ snorting. He does it a lot, and I work on him keeping his tongue down.

Hottubgodess
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:53 AM

My son will glare and crack his fingers against his cheeks - of course he start with his middle fingers (not realizing it).  So it looks like he is being defiant and flipping you off when he is over stim.  It used to be chewing when over stimmed.  I could deal with the chewing better.  The other is he will hide in a small place - like a coat closet at our church yesterday.

I'm not crazy....I have two boys.....roflmbo....

I love my Sensational DS1 and my Boysterous DS2...both born preemie, full term breastfed, until they self weaned.  I am a Lactivist, a CubScout Den Leader, Self employed, and still take the time to be my Children's Attachment Parenting Mom and my DH's Girlfriend.  My DH is my best friend. :)

Medications and Mother's Milk Group - Group Owner

brenc77
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:18 AM
My daughter does the same thing!!!!!! I don't understand why all she says is that it bothers her and needs to pick at them. Its awful I'm constantly keeping an eye on her.

Quoting Alex825:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamabug78
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:19 PM

My daughter takes off all her clothes and scoots her bottom on the floor!  All afternoon!  We get dressed too man times to count.

Alex825
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM

My daughter has been a "picker" since she was really little. Its brutal and rather gross. I just don't understand why, the pain at times has to be excruciating. I do know she is OCD, she picks to divert discomfort/pain else where. She does It  when she is frustrated at school. And she does it to Irritate the living daylights out school personnel. My daughter is a MUTE, Hears fine, and is developmentally delayed. The main reason is frustration.  

Quoting brenc77:

My daughter does the same thing!!!!!! I don't understand why all she says is that it bothers her and needs to pick at them. Its awful I'm constantly keeping an eye on her.

Quoting Alex825:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)