Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Welcome to Raising Special Needs Kids! Please Introduce Yourself.....

welcomeWelcome to Raising Special Needs Kids!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Raising Special Needs KidsGroup Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Replies (1151-1160):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Welcome!

Quoting Dayday99:

hi, my name is Day, i live in southern vermont. i have 5 children, 3 are grown, 2 still at home. all 3 of my boys have special needs, my oldest has aspergers syndrome, my second, adhd, and my youngest at home is hard of hearing. he wears hearing aids, which helps, and he also signs. he is also very developmentally delayed, and is attending public school. this is my battle of the moment, arguing with the school, my least favorite job, but also my most important right now.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Welcome Amanda!  My 4 year old son has Cystic Fibrosis.

Quoting 1hot_mama27:

Hi, my name is Amanda and I have two special needs little girls, as well as two step sons with special needs. My oldest step son is Joseph who is 13 and he has ADD and ADHD as well as siezures, my second step sons is a Jacob who is 8 and is a handful with behavioral issues. My two daughters are 4 and 2. Kaitlyn is 4 years old and has autism, severe food allergies, mild cerebral palsy, has had small strokes since birth, and has behavorial issues, My youngest is Charlotte and is 2. Charlotte has Cystic Fibrosis and is considered failure to thrive. I just take it day by day.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Welcome to the group!

Quoting ahchoo:

Hello To All The Parents Of Special Needs Children, I am 45 yrs, old have 4 grown daughters,/ a 10 yr. old son with Asperger's Syndrome. I never feel informed enough on the subject of Asperger's/ Autism, so any new info is welcomed. To all the Autistic Children that are toe-walkers/ your Orthopedic Doc tells you they have to do heel cord surgery. I want you to know that is not always the case. For instance at Children's Hospital Pittsburgh, they offer a Casting Program accompanied by Physical Therapy. Many Docs are uynaware of this Program or simply aren't telling us all of the options. It's a damn shame / I am upset abt. it as the info was only shared with me recently. Even tho we saw many Ortopedic Surgeons, since he was 7 yrs old., finally a Pyscial Therapist, I had evaluate my Son recommended the program. The unfortunate thing I heard from the Ortopedic Dr. was that it 's more succsessful on younger children. This is the same Dr. I saw when he was 7 yrs. old, I saw him jst to get the referral. He said to me why didn't you do this earlier? I said because you / the many other Orthopedic Drs. never told me. I dnt know that he looked me in the eye but once the entire visit, he seemed to shuffle thru his patients like a deck of cards. Out of 5 different Drs. not one told me about this program, not even the one Dr. who seemed to care. So investigate, research, dnt belive everything you hear. Sometimes even they don't even know all the options.Never Give Up !!!!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:12 AM

Welcome Andrea!

Quoting avfields12:

Hello:) My name is Andrea. I am 35, have 2 girls ages 11 and 7, 2 dogs, a female Pit Bull and Male Bernese Mountain Dog, and have been married since Feb 2000 to my best friend and love of my life<3

My 11-year-old has a genetic disorder called Langer-Geidion Syndrome, or TRPS Type II. click here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langer%E2%80%93Giedion_syndrome It is a very rare genetic syndrome - there have only been 50 cases reported and about 85% of those are in males. She has had 6 surgeries so far, and her 7th is scheduled for Feb 1st of this year for her right shoulder, right knee and right wrist.

I am lucky and blessed to have both of my daughters as they are loving, intelligent, beautiful little girls with a happiness that is more than contagious.

I hope to meet moms in here that I can learn from in regards to how to go about blazing the right paths to help my daughter have a normal everyday comfortable life:)

Nice to meet you:)

mrschrisj
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Hello, my name is Candice, mother of 3. two of them being my biological boys. The third is my deceased cousins nine year old girl. She is diagonosed with ADHD, Bipolar, and schizophrenia. I am reaching out to find any moms that may be going through the same thing. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Welcome!

Quoting mrschrisj:

Hello, my name is Candice, mother of 3. two of them being my biological boys. The third is my deceased cousins nine year old girl. She is diagonosed with ADHD, Bipolar, and schizophrenia. I am reaching out to find any moms that may be going through the same thing. 

trex148
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Hi, I am a mom to a 6 year old girl who was recently given the clinical diagnosis of static encephalopathy and I am looking for other moms who may have some insights/suppport.

sissyjoylynn
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Hi All, I am Joy Lynn....

I have a special needs son who is 20 and is mentally 6.  At times it can be hard and at times it is great.  It all just depends on the days.  Carl Marcus has been with us 11 years this coming Mothers Day.  He was with his bio dad who lost custody due to every possible type of abuse to him.  My husband is legally his step dad but more of a Daddy to him than anyone would ever think he could be. 

We have 2 other kids. Our oldest is our daughter who has decided she no wants to talk to us her choice.  She is 23 years old.  She lives in our home state of Ohio we are out west in Arizona now.  And our oldest son is 22 and lives here with his girlfriend to help around the house and with Carl Marcus.  Please feel free to ask anything which you would like toobowing down

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Welcome!

Quoting trex148:

Hi, I am a mom to a 6 year old girl who was recently given the clinical diagnosis of static encephalopathy and I am looking for other moms who may have some insights/suppport.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Joy Lynn!

Quoting sissyjoylynn:

Hi All, I am Joy Lynn....

I have a special needs son who is 20 and is mentally 6.  At times it can be hard and at times it is great.  It all just depends on the days.  Carl Marcus has been with us 11 years this coming Mothers Day.  He was with his bio dad who lost custody due to every possible type of abuse to him.  My husband is legally his step dad but more of a Daddy to him than anyone would ever think he could be. 

We have 2 other kids. Our oldest is our daughter who has decided she no wants to talk to us her choice.  She is 23 years old.  She lives in our home state of Ohio we are out west in Arizona now.  And our oldest son is 22 and lives here with his girlfriend to help around the house and with Carl Marcus.  Please feel free to ask anything which you would like toobowing down

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)