Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Welcome to Raising Special Needs Kids! Please Introduce Yourself.....

welcomeWelcome to Raising Special Needs Kids!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Raising Special Needs KidsGroup Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Replies (1161-1170):
1CopaceticMama
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Good morning,

I am new to CM and to the group. I have 5 children with various disabilities. 
20 yr old ~ Bipolar
16 yr old ~ Fragile X Syndrome & Autism
14 yr old ~ Fragile X Syndrome, autistic tendencies, asthma, depression and anxiety
11 yr old ~ Bipolar (not tested but the signs are all there )
9 yr old ~ about to start testing for ADHD and autism

We do pretty good managing all of them and their special needs but there are moments that I need a hand or to vent. I can't wait to meet everyone and learn about your babies :) 

~*Christina*~

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!

Quoting 1CopaceticMama:

Good morning,

I am new to CM and to the group. I have 5 children with various disabilities. 
20 yr old ~ Bipolar
16 yr old ~ Fragile X Syndrome & Autism
14 yr old ~ Fragile X Syndrome, autistic tendencies, asthma, depression and anxiety
11 yr old ~ Bipolar (not tested but the signs are all there )
9 yr old ~ about to start testing for ADHD and autism

We do pretty good managing all of them and their special needs but there are moments that I need a hand or to vent. I can't wait to meet everyone and learn about your babies :) 

sissyjoylynn
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:25 PM

ty very much for  the great welcome.  i use to be part of this group years ago under a different name.  i think back then it was joylynn021

hugsJoy Lynn

Cyn2013
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Hello My name is Cyn. I have three children, one has Asperger's Syndrome, the other has high functioning autism and my last one is a depressed teenager. I am married and work full time as a retail store manager. I NEED advice! LOL!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Welcome Cyn!

Quoting Cyn2013:

Hello My name is Cyn. I have three children, one has Asperger's Syndrome, the other has high functioning autism and my last one is a depressed teenager. I am married and work full time as a retail store manager. I NEED advice! LOL!

HappyFamily1234
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Hi, my name is April and we are a family of four. My husband and I have two boys. My oldest is 7 in the second grade and my little one is 3 and at home with me. My little one has pdd or so we are told and it has been a long 3 years.  Support has been really hard to come by with him.  I'm looking to go back to work for the first time in 8 years and put him in preschool that he is craving. So thats pretty much where we're at.

HicktownMomma
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Hello, I'm new to this site and I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing yet. My name is Kimmy, I'm 24 and I have a 10 month old daughter who has hydrocephalus and para ventricular leukomalacia.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome April!

Quoting HappyFamily1234:

Hi, my name is April and we are a family of four. My husband and I have two boys. My oldest is 7 in the second grade and my little one is 3 and at home with me. My little one has pdd or so we are told and it has been a long 3 years.  Support has been really hard to come by with him.  I'm looking to go back to work for the first time in 8 years and put him in preschool that he is craving. So thats pretty much where we're at.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Kimmy!  Glad you're here:)

Quoting HicktownMomma:

Hello, I'm new to this site and I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing yet. My name is Kimmy, I'm 24 and I have a 10 month old daughter who has hydrocephalus and para ventricular leukomalacia.

PswmomX3
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Im Krista, mom of 3 and my youngest has adhd hes 6!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN