Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Welcome to Raising Special Needs Kids! Please Introduce Yourself.....

welcomeWelcome to Raising Special Needs Kids!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Raising Special Needs KidsGroup Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Replies (1171-1177):
PswmomX3
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Im Krista, mom of 3 and my youngest has adhd hes 6!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
myedeleon
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Hi! My name is Mye and I just gave birth to my son last December 27th - he has been diagnosed with Down Syndrome and he'll undergo an open heart surgery next month because he has a congenital heart disorder called Tetralogy of Fallot.

I am still in the grieving process an it's primarily the reason why I joined this community. To be able to get some help, talk to someone. I almost lost it when I heard the news and honestly, the surgery is even more of our problem now because we have to pay for everything upfront as we don't have insurance where we live so we are currently doing a fund raising via another crowd funding site.

I hope to be able to meet other moms out there. At this point, I am just so lost. I have twin daughters too, who are now 7 but they are with their dad in Singapore. After the surgery, we hope to fly there with my son so he can have a better place to live than here.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Krista!

Quoting PswmomX3:

Im Krista, mom of 3 and my youngest has adhd hes 6!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:13 AM

Welcome Mye!

Quoting myedeleon:

Hi! My name is Mye and I just gave birth to my son last December 27th - he has been diagnosed with Down Syndrome and he'll undergo an open heart surgery next month because he has a congenital heart disorder called Tetralogy of Fallot.

I am still in the grieving process an it's primarily the reason why I joined this community. To be able to get some help, talk to someone. I almost lost it when I heard the news and honestly, the surgery is even more of our problem now because we have to pay for everything upfront as we don't have insurance where we live so we are currently doing a fund raising via another crowd funding site.

I hope to be able to meet other moms out there. At this point, I am just so lost. I have twin daughters too, who are now 7 but they are with their dad in Singapore. After the surgery, we hope to fly there with my son so he can have a better place to live than here.

Mandyb1985
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello Everyone! I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mandy. I have been married for 7 years to my husband Joseph and we have a 21 month old son named Tyler. Tyler was recently diagonsed with having Sensory Processing Disorder which mainly affects his learning, speech and eating. We noticed something was wrong with him at 12 months due to him going from 90th percentile in height & weight down to 40% over approximately 4 months. I kept bringing it up to his doctor not only because of him losing weight but he wasnt talking nor was he wanting to eat anything and I mean anything. For months his pediatrician ignored us and I finally found a group called Birth to 3 in my area that came into my home and diagonsed him. They are a true god send. For months I thought that I was crazy but I knew in my heart there was something wrong with my baby bc he was not acting like other kids his age. I work with him every single day along with him having three different therapists come several times a week. I can see an improvement in him since the group started working with him 3 months ago but its still frustrating. He cannot tell me what he wants or say alot of words which inhibits his communication with us. We have been trying sign language and I have managed to get him to sign a few things so far. I am hoping that there are other mommies in here that can give me some tips on things I can do to help my little man grow and learn. I am in the process of building a sensory gym in my home for him to help but I am really concerned about what he is eating. He really does not like meat but will occasionally eat jars of meat baby food (the only way I can get meat in him at all!) Ive tried hiding it in other foods, pureeing his food, you name it. He has a very strong sense of smell which I think inhibits him eating certain things. Any input from other mommies would be wonderful! I am looking forward to meeting all of you!

Jessrelly
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi everyone my daughter is 10 months old she was born with connexin 26 a genetic thing that causes deafness she has a severe to profound loss so we are going through lots of oral rehab and speech therapy so that she will be speaking other then that she is developing on track or ahead of all her developmental goals :) any other moms of beautiful deaf babies out there?

donajomccaig
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

hello all. my name is dona jo. i am just finding out that my son is a "sensory kid". he hasn't been diagnosed yet, we are just starting this journey. that is why i am joining this group so i will have support through all this. we live in mesa arizona.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN