Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Welcome to Raising Special Needs Kids! Please Introduce Yourself.....

welcomeWelcome to Raising Special Needs Kids!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Raising Special Needs KidsGroup Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Replies (451-460):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 23, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Welcome to the group!

Quoting punkiesmomma823:

im a mom of 2 special needs children ... my daughter is 11 and has mod . fetal alcohol syndrome .. and my son is 2 he has global developmental delays,gerd,and a connective tissue disoder called ehlers danlos type 3 ...

lifeisajoy
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Welcome! I have a son around your two boys age

Quoting 123rn:

Hi

I'm a mom from Illinois with 19 year old specials needs twins. The boys were actually triplets, no fertility. There were two other sets of natural triplet boys in our family way back. Unfortunately, mine were born at 24 weeks, 10 inches long and weighed about 1 lb 3 oz and that was as I said 19 yrs. ago. What a long road/journey. 

letstalk747
by Joy on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:59 AM

welcome , glad you are here

Quoting crazymenmomma:

Hi Im Sarah mother of 2 .  My oldest son is 4 and has a combo of Autism and ADHD, he goes to special ABA program based school and is finally starting to talk.  My other son is 21 months and talks your ear off, but seems to be picking up his brothers bad habits of not paying attention or listening.  Looking to connect with other moms who are going through the same thing , looking for some pointers.  Some days are sooo stressful .  could use all the tips I can get!

juree9281
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Hi my name is Mishon. I am a mother of 3 ages 9yrs,2yrs,and 3 months.My 9 yr old was diagnosed with ADHD at 6yrs old and my 2 yr old is in the process of being diagnosed with Autism. Sometimes I feel lost and I try to learn as much as possible about my exceptional children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 26, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Welcome to the group Mishon!

Quoting juree9281:

Hi my name is Mishon. I am a mother of 3 ages 9yrs,2yrs,and 3 months.My 9 yr old was diagnosed with ADHD at 6yrs old and my 2 yr old is in the process of being diagnosed with Autism. Sometimes I feel lost and I try to learn as much as possible about my exceptional children.

eleven894
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Hi,

Great to see this group, I have two daughters both with Aspergers, the oldest is 20 years old and the younger is 11 years old. We are based in the UK and have 'been through' the system fighting for our daughter's needs to be recognised and then met. As a mum I have set up my own business and offer yoga and mindfulness to families and children affected by disability, I also teach prenatal yoga and yoga for anxiety and depression, I also have a post grad. in ASD. I hope to find other mums who have found solutions to their childs needs and developed their own skills in the process. I use simple mindfulness techniques everyday to help me cope, I also work as a support worker for my husband who is blind. 

Sending everyone good wishes gay pride ribbon 

mypunkin2005
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 3:04 PM

My name is Lena and I have a son who is autistic and has brain abnormalities. He is 6 and a half years old and the most loving little boy I know. I sometimes struggle with depression just from everything in life. I want to be the best mom I can be for my son and daughter. My daughter is 16 months old and I sometimes worry that she will have autism too. However, she seems fine so far. I look forward to meeting other moms and becoming friends.

mommieto608
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Hi all, new to this, just had twins, one has suspected downs and a heart defect, just a scary time and trying to get answers to things doctors havent discussed with us.  I was away from my baby girl for 10 days after birth, she had to be life flighted 2 hours away, just finally got her home, now what, I just need some parents that know all about these issues.  THANKS!

Tara

Mommy to 9

letstalk747
by Joy on Jun. 30, 2012 at 2:23 PM

welcome , glad you are here

Quoting mommieto608:

Hi all, new to this, just had twins, one has suspected downs and a heart defect, just a scary time and trying to get answers to things doctors havent discussed with us.  I was away from my baby girl for 10 days after birth, she had to be life flighted 2 hours away, just finally got her home, now what, I just need some parents that know all about these issues.  THANKS!

Tara

Mommy to 9

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Welcome to the group!

Quoting eleven894:

Hi,

Great to see this group, I have two daughters both with Aspergers, the oldest is 20 years old and the younger is 11 years old. We are based in the UK and have 'been through' the system fighting for our daughter's needs to be recognised and then met. As a mum I have set up my own business and offer yoga and mindfulness to families and children affected by disability, I also teach prenatal yoga and yoga for anxiety and depression, I also have a post grad. in ASD. I hope to find other mums who have found solutions to their childs needs and developed their own skills in the process. I use simple mindfulness techniques everyday to help me cope, I also work as a support worker for my husband who is blind. 

Sending everyone good wishes gay pride ribbon 

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)