Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

ear issues such as ear infection.

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 8:37 PM
  • 10 Replies

When I was younger I used to get a lot of ear infections.  I had to get tubes put in my ears when I was 10.    Since then I have never had an ear infection which is great.

Yet I still have ear issues.   Every 3-4 months I have to got to my ent doctor to get them cleaned out becaue they get clogged up.  

Well right now one of my ears is clogged up because they are very waxy which is causing ear pain and everytime I get clogged up in my ear's it makes it very difficult to hear.

I have tried using eardrops in my ears to clean them out, but I am unsuccessful at doing so.  

Do any of you all ever have this or your kids ever have this type of issue?

by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CameronsMommy23
by on Feb. 21, 2012 at 8:47 PM
I had a bad ear infection a few mons ago. I couldn't hear for wks and would wake up with intense pain. I got an antibiotic but it wasn't helping to unclog the drainage so my doc prescribed a steroid and it worked amazingly! Within a few days I could hear again. Maybe that would help you too. Good luck hun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on Feb. 21, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I don't have too many ear issues, neither do my kids, but good luck, hope they can give you something stronger that helps.

sammygrl77
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I have a lot of ear issues. Mostly chronic vertigo. My oldest had many ear issues. She used to have several ear infections a year until she was 10. She had surgery to remove her adenoids and tonsils. She hasn't had one since. Before that, the only thing that worked out of all the rememdies we tried was a chiropractor. A couple of adjustments and her ears would drain. It would clear up her infections without any antibiotics.

dsebastian23
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 12:58 PM

yes my son has this issue and got tubes

Hottubgodess
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I HIGHLY recommend a chiropractor!  My kids have both been adjusted since birth, and we have only been on antibiotics once for an ear infection (that was before we realized chiro would help that!). 

As for the wax, try a drop of peroxide in your ears once or twice a week.  :) 

I'm not crazy....I have two boys.....roflmbo....

I love my Sensational DS1 and my Boysterous DS2...both born preemie, full term breastfed, until they self weaned.  I am a Lactivist, a CubScout Den Leader, Self employed, and still take the time to be my Children's Attachment Parenting Mom and my DH's Girlfriend.  My DH is my best friend. :)

Medications and Mother's Milk Group - Group Owner

i.heart.myboys
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Not my kids but my DH has the same issue but his ears are twisted
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Joy on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:41 PM

both my boys get ear infections every winter once or twice each

Alex825
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 6:11 PM

My ExH used to have the wax taken out once a year. Some people have very waxy ears. Nothing you can about that, but find out from you doc if there is a solution you can use to prevent the heavy build-up

michele115
by Michele on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Logan had a clog and we had to go to the dr to have it unglogged. The dr said kids with down syndrome have small ear canals so we should be cleaning his ears once a week with wax cleaner. I'm gonna check with his regular pedi next month to make sure he thinks so.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 23, 2012 at 5:10 AM

Same here...Brady had tubes in his ears when he was little but they are out now and he's doing fine:)

Quoting mandee1503:

I don't have too many ear issues, neither do my kids, but good luck, hope they can give you something stronger that helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)