Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Breathing comes easy for most of us, but not this girl...

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 5:31 AM
  • 13 Replies

TLC did a show last called Breathless Bride:Dying to live.  It's a documentary about a girl that has Cystic Fibrosis, which is the same disease that my son has.  There is no cure for this disease and the average life expectancy is 37.  She's currently waiting on a double lung transplant and planning a wedding, but she's afraid that she'll die before she can get married.  It's a true story and depicts the true life of people with CF.

Watch this clip and learn more about the horrible disease that my son fights each and every day!

http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/breathless-bride-dying-to-live-dying-to-live.html

by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 5:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:17 AM
Thanks for sharing Darby. I'll check it out when I get on the computer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Thanks for sharing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Joy on Mar. 1, 2012 at 10:02 AM

upsetting

mom18103
by Lisa on Mar. 1, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Thanks for sharing

sammygrl77
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Thanks for sharing. How heartbreaking:(

Mipsy
by Chelle on Mar. 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM
*Hugs* momma, is the show on now? A documentary or mini series? Do you know the day and time its on? I would like to watch it.

I have a friend who has CF, she's 25, just like me, and while she's had many hospitalizations, she is pretty good and is married and has 2 children and works a full time job. Her husband is deployed right now too and she does everything on her own :) she's doing very well. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 1, 2012 at 4:31 PM

It was a documentary that was on TLC last night, but you can watch it online:)  Thanks!

Quoting Mipsy:

*Hugs* momma, is the show on now? A documentary or mini series? Do you know the day and time its on? I would like to watch it.

I have a friend who has CF, she's 25, just like me, and while she's had many hospitalizations, she is pretty good and is married and has 2 children and works a full time job. Her husband is deployed right now too and she does everything on her own :) she's doing very well. :)

sayres
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Thank you for sharing this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Mar. 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Wow. That was heart wrenching. Thank you for sharing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NannyElin
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Yeah, its pretty sad when you explain this disease to your friends and they ask if it will get better as your child gets older.... i almost didnt know how to answer that question the first time....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)