• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your child like...

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:41 PM
  • 18 Replies
To look at books or to be read to?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjamom
by Michele on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:50 PM
He LOVES books. He likes being read to, but mostly likes to just look through them in his own. He will get book after book off the shelf and look at them, until he has a huge pile next to the chair!
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM
He likes to be read to, but has a short attention span, so we do a lot of rhyming books with big pictures and few words... It's getting hard because I've always done story time together at night, but my 5 year old has really outgrown Elijah's books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:25 PM
They both do. Ds more then dd. hoping in a year or so to get her into some fun books like romona and beezus or even Harry potter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CameronsMommy23
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:30 PM
All 3 of our kids love to look at books and be read to. :) (I hope Cameron learns to read soon)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
valleymomma1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Somewhat he tries to control most situations so we are not doing as good as we used to a few months ago
Kenre
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:25 AM
They do their reading lesson with me every night. They love being read to. Monkey is starting to even read on his own, but he gets impatient and guesses at words instead of sounds them out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2zachy122
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM

DS has real trouble reading but loves to be read to.  He'll ask to be read the same books over and over.  He can "read" some of the words I point to, but it's all memorization from hearing them so much, LOL :)

His current faves are:  Sometimes I Just Don't Like the Sound of No, Amelia Bedelia's first apple pie, Maisy goes on Vacation and Maisy Goes to the Hospital.

freeanhappy
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:27 AM
My kids like it when we read together. I found out that they readibg alkt better since we startes this. It helps them Lear. The words they dont know. I sometimes make a game kut of it now my boys read to each other when they have readibf assignments at school I still listen but they dont realuze it cause I do things like my school work they enjoy that try it
Hottubgodess
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Yes! He is an excellent reader.

Quoting CameronsMommy23:

To look at books or to be read to?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM

they do both

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)