Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Who else does the walk away method--to get a breather

Posted by   + Show Post

I do!!! Then come back in a couple minutes--but man sometimes us mamas just need our own breather-LOL-no we really do-I  just did the walk away--

by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Replies (21-24):
lifeisajoy
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 7:38 PM

No problem--my kiddo has disruptive behavior disorder--but he is doing really well with it but he is also 19--so thinking of you 

Quoting MommyRJ:

He's 3.5 & Autistic. Our biggest down fall is his meltdowns & mood swings :(

Quoting lifeisajoy:

sometimes us mamas need a breather for sure--how old is he?  My son use to do that when we first got him-he was adopted--he does that no more--it is hard--oh I feel for you--

Thinking of you and your child-

Quoting MommyRJ:

I do. I have to put him in his bedroomor he will trash my house if I leave the room, but yes.... Often.

I have NO patience, which is really hard with a SNkid :(

lifeisajoy
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh how frustrating!!  Hugs!!! 

Quoting Kalic0:

I really need to do it more! Some days lately have been really challanging.  My amost 6-year-old ASD child was chewing up his food and spitting it out. Seems his molars are coming in.  The younger one who is "normal" is very socially adept and is really learning what sets me off and doing it deliberately to get attention! Gah!!

new_mom12
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this

i do that all the time because my son is to young to no how to push my buttons so my neice fills that jobs she is so uppity and noisey she always tthinks she is right so i just walk away cant punish her with a pow-pow becuz my si forrbids it  and if i put her on time out she keeps on gettin up my sis is the only one she listen to

keithsmommy04
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I do it so I dont start yelling cause it wobt accomplish anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN