Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

When do it stop?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:34 PM
  • 42 Replies

Ok 2 start this off name is Keela....I'm a single 20yr old mother....my son name is Mire....he is 3yrs old....both of are birthdays are coming up....but I'm not making this post 4 that....ok so as all the mom's in this group I'm raising a special needs child....ok so my son is delayed....because of this he didnt walk to he was 2 1/2....yes he can talk....but people I know is always telling me....what I should and shouldnt be doing with my son....like they be saying he bout to b 4 soon why dont you got him potty trianded yet?....why dont he know has ABC's and 123's?...what are you doing with him?...your not doing anything with him....well I guess taking my son to every dr appointment is nothing....I guess he started walking and talking by himself....I'm trying to potty trian but if the boy is not ready I can't make him be....because then he will not want to go to the potty at all....I just dont get how people who dont have to live with this can have so much to say....I mean all of this gets me down sometimes....and have me thinking to myself am I really a bad mother or are they just being mean because they dont really get what I have to do....I try my best to spend as much time with my son as I can....I dont work but I do have to take care of my mother also....I have alot on my plate other then my son....I have to take care of my mother like I said....my mother has alzheimer's so I have to take care of her and my son....and find time to take care of me too....I really dont even have time 4 me....I do all I can 4 my son and my mother who both need alot of my time....like I said I'm only 20....I wont be 21 to June....I couldnt even tell you the late time I went out to get some me time.....people always have stuff to say about me not doing this and that but are not doing shit to help....as you see I have alot on me....I try my best do what I have to do for my son, mother and I try for myself....alot of people dont even know all the stuff they say to me really upsets me....its been aot of time I find myself up crying at night....I felt as if I was all alone to I started to get back on here....so I would really like to take the time out to say THANK YOU TO ALL THE WOMEN IN THIS GROUP who have helped me and will help me from this post....also thank you for taking the time out of your day to even read this..

you rock hugs

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karenl
by Karen on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Hi Keela, wow you have a lot on your plate! I give you so much credit!!! My SN son is 4 and not potty trained, due to gastro issues, he's delayed too. People are always asking me about it too, it really annoys me.Try to ignore them the best that you can... (((hugs))) 

Keela222
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Quoting karenl:

Hi Keela, wow you have a lot on your plate! I give you so much credit!!! My SN son is 4 and not potty trained, due to gastro issues, he's delayed too. People are always asking me about it too, it really annoys me.Try to ignore them the best that you can... (((hugs))) 

Hi, and thank you so much....this is why I came here for the nice people like you.. hugs

myfirstborn04
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:19 PM
((HUGS)) are doing great. Don't let others get you down. People Sure do like to butt in on someone else business. But if the table were turned they couldn't take their own advise. Take a minute and breath. Your pretty tough momma! Don't let them Get you Down. Hope u have a blessed evening. :):):):)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:28 PM

So so so Glad you are here!!!  You keep doing what you are doing-and don't listen to the negative --only support-only positive--only if it's one person or only if it's here on this group--you keep doing-God Bless for caring for your son and your mother with alzheimers--and I am hoping someone will see what an awesome person you are and give you a break for your own time --to have time to yourself--

Take Care and we will support you here as much as we can and when someone says something negative just think of something someone said that was positive and/or positive person--Don't let them get you down

For you are an AWESOME MOM and DAUGHTER!!!!

Keela222
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting myfirstborn04:

((HUGS)) are doing great. Don't let others get you down. People Sure do like to butt in on someone else business. But if the table were turned they couldn't take their own advise. Take a minute and breath. Your pretty tough momma! Don't let them Get you Down. Hope u have a blessed evening. :):):):)

Thank you so much for that.. ((HUGG BACK))

Keela222
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Quoting lifeisajoy:

So so so Glad you are here!!!  You keep doing what you are doing-and don't listen to the negative --only support-only positive--only if it's one person or only if it's here on this group--you keep doing-God Bless for caring for your son and your mother with alzheimers--and I am hoping someone will see what an awesome person you are and give you a break for your own time --to have time to yourself--

Take Care and we will support you here as much as we can and when someone says something negative just think of something someone said that was positive and/or positive person--Don't let them get you down

Thank you so much its nice people like you who help me keep going....I try my best to be the best mother and daughter I can be..

lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Talk to us any time that is why we are here--also they don't walk your shoes-so they don't know--you keep up the good job mama-message me anytime

Quoting Keela222:

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Thank you so much its nice people like you who help me keep going....I try my best to be the best mother and daughter I can be..

sammygrl77
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:52 PM
I couldn't have said it better.

Quoting myfirstborn04:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Keela222
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Talk to us any time that is why we are here--also they don't walk your shoes-so they don't know--you keep up the good job mama-message me anytime

Quoting Keela222:

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Ok and ai will..

Keela222
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Quoting sammygrl77:

I couldn't have said it better.

Quoting myfirstborn04:

Thanks to you to mom Sammmygrl77

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)