Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Warmed my heart

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:08 PM
  • 7 Replies
Today after I picked my little guy up at school, we went to the grocery store. Alex wanted to ride in the car cart. As we went in I saw two cute little girls and their mother and I smiled at the little girls. We were part way through the store when I bumped into an old friend who I hadn't seen in a long time and we were chatting and catching up when the little girls and their mother passed and I heard one of the little girls say "Mommy, it's Alex! Hi, Alex, Hi!". Then Alex was waving and saying "hi" back to her and my friend said "he's so friendly, look how he waves at everyone" and the little girl's Mom said "they're friends at school". It just warmed my heart to see his classmate so excited to see him outside of school. She is in his typical Kindergarten class, where he spends about 40% of his schoolday. Every time I see his classmates interact with him, I can see how much they genuinely like him and it makes my heart soar to know that these kids see all the good things in Alex that we see!
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

That's so sweet! :)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:03 AM

That's wonderful...thanks for sharing with us:)

natesmom1228
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 7:29 AM

That is great. Love it.

sammygrl77
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Wonderful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjamom
by Michele on Apr. 20, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Thanks everyone! It got even better today when I went on a field trip with Alex and his Kindergarten class. The kids are all so good to him and he is just one of the gang. I hope it continues to be that way as he gets older there with the same group of kids!
lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

How precious!! That is so awesome!! I feel that way too-since I have to look at his IEP-but more than 60% he is in his Multiple disability support classroom-

Thanks for sharing!!!

letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

so sweet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)