Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

how many kids starting school in sept. ?

Posted by   + Show Post

K or 1st grade

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Replies (11-18):
jjamom
by Michele on Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

Wow, I wonder why they make it so early (months before the start of school)? Maybe they'll also have a new student orientation closer to the beginning of the year, many schools do since s many kids move over the Summer.
Tinkerbellmama
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

last year they did an ice cream social the day before school started. You got to meet  your teacher and walk around the school.  Then everybody got an ice cream bar.

Quoting jjamom:

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

Wow, I wonder why they make it so early (months before the start of school)? Maybe they'll also have a new student orientation closer to the beginning of the year, many schools do since s many kids move over the Summer.

Jjmill5
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:15 AM
I've homeschooled this year but I just enrolled ds at a private prek program for the fall. I'm excited about it, 2 half days a week, then probably he will start kindergarten at the public school the next year when he's 6 1/2!
Jjmill5
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:20 AM
My ds had a hard time and still does with socialization which is why we opted for a year of prek instead of starting kindergarten in the fall. Our county still does half day kindergarten but they do a lot of work and not a lot of play so we All opted he needed another year of preschool
valleymomma1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Mine will start k
letstalk747
by Joy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:02 AM

my youngest will start 1st , he has already done preschool and K

Hottubgodess
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I have a boy starting K in Sept.  He will be 6 in June.  :) He is my NT.

letstalk747
by Joy on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:35 AM

cool

Quoting Jjmill5:

I've homeschooled this year but I just enrolled ds at a private prek program for the fall. I'm excited about it, 2 half days a week, then probably he will start kindergarten at the public school the next year when he's 6 1/2!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN