Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

May 5 is next Saturday and it's the Great Strides walk for Cystic Fibrosis...my son Brady has Cystic Fibrosis, and we have a team of about 50 people that are coming out to do the 2 mile walk to show their support for Brady and the other 30,000+ people in the country with this life threatening disease with a current average life expectancy of 37 years old.  If you don't already have plans on Saturday, May 5, take your kids to the park or take a walk in your neighborhood for my sweet little boy who fights for his life every single day!  Here's a little video to tell you a little about CF!  Enjoy:)

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Replies (11-15):
kittycat813
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I will take my husband and kids for a walk tomorrow for you son and one of my cousins.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 4, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Thank you SO much!

Quoting kittycat813:

I will take my husband and kids for a walk tomorrow for you son and one of my cousins.

OneBusyMomma04
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I wanted to ask how you go about getting so many people for your team and the types of fundraisers you do in the meantime. Any and all information would be truly appreciated.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 5, 2012 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, this year was our biggest to be honest...we asked everyone we knew, well that knew Brady very well:)  There were people from our church, kids from his class at school and then people that work with my hubby.  We are definitely blessed!  We honestly don't do any fundraisers for the CF Foundation other than the Great Strides walk each year.  Now, we (personally) give money to the CF Foundation each month, but that's just a family decision we made a long time ago:)  CF Foundation is where all the research comes from...98 cents of every dollar given to the CF Foundation goes straight to research!

Quoting OneBusyMomma04:

I wanted to ask how you go about getting so many people for your team and the types of fundraisers you do in the meantime. Any and all information would be truly appreciated.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 6, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Thanks for all the support ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN