Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much doea your child(ren) sleep?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:35 AM
  • 11 Replies
How many hours a day does your child sleep? What age is your child?

My 2 yr old DS does not sleep. He has went almost 50 hours with out sleeping once and often will go 24 hrs with out sleeping. He is special needs and can't take anything but melatonin for sleep and I just downloaded an app for my phone that graphs out his sleep and tells me what his sleep debt is and I have it set at ideal amount of sleep at 11 hours. And his current sleep debt is 28hrs and 14min. So I was just wondering how much sleep is average sleep for a 2 yr old?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:44 AM

My dd who is not sn, gave up naps around 2. So she would only go about 9 hours at night. Ds is 18 months and he sleeps 1-2 hours through out the day, 10+ hours at night.

I'm sorry your little man isn't sleeping. Is there something the drs can prescribe for him?

JeneneRose
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:00 AM
There is no medications that he can take because of his Peirre-Robin syndrome and quadriplegic cerebral palsy he has a history of breathing issues because of both those diagnosis so he can't take anything thing that might relax him to much.

Quoting mandee1503:

My dd who is not sn, gave up naps around 2. So she would only go about 9 hours at night. Ds is 18 months and he sleeps 1-2 hours through out the day, 10+ hours at night.

I'm sorry your little man isn't sleeping. Is there something the drs can prescribe for him?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:58 AM

Brady isn't sleeping as much as he used to...he's 3.5 years old and is in the process of giving up his afternoon nap...sometimes he will nap for about an hour, but regardless he will go to bed around 8:30-9:00 & get up around 6:00, so he gets about 10-12 hours of sleep each day.  I honestly think he needs more but can't necessarily make him sleep more.  He isn't medicated for sleeping.

sayres
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:36 AM
((hugs)) a child not sleeping would be very difficult. Do you get any sleep?

My ds is 4 he gets 10-12 hours of sleep a night. When he was 2 he was still napping. He would take a 1-2 hour nap as well as sleeping 10-12 hours at night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vermontmoms
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:09 AM
My boys (8) get about 10-12hrs a night. At 2, they were napping for 2-3hrs plus sleeping 10hrs a night. Mine have always needed lots of rest...they napped till age 6.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2zachy122
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:18 AM

My DS has always had sleeping issues.  At 2, he would sleep on and off between about 8:30 or 9:00 and 5:00 or 5:30....up multiple times durig the night.  He gave up naps emphatically around 2 or so.  Around 3 years old we started Melatonin which helped a lot to get him to sleep, so he was down between 8:00 and 8:30 and up for good around 5:30 or 6:00.  At almost six (this Saturday!), he has about the same pattern, although he will sleep as late as 7:00 or 7:30 on weekend mornings.  His sleep patterns are one of the reasons that DH and I work opposite shifts. 

JeneneRose
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:19 AM
I sleep when he sleeps. So my sleep debt is equal to his. My oldest son sleeps very well he go to bed at 9:30pm wakes at 9:30-10:30am he is 5 yrs old. I will admit I'm like a married single mother. :(

Quoting sayres:

((hugs)) a child not sleeping would be very difficult. Do you get any sleep?

My ds is 4 he gets 10-12 hours of sleep a night. When he was 2 he was still napping. He would take a 1-2 hour nap as well as sleeping 10-12 hours at night.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:57 AM

they are 12 and 6 , depends on how the daY  went , and if i give them Melatonin that night or not

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I'm sorry. How frustrating for you! Have the doctors suggested anything?

My youngest (7) sleeps on average 12 hours a day. If she doesn't, then she will take naps to catch up. She is a very restless sleeper and they don't know if it is her medication or if there is another problem that we might be needing to look into.

willysmama
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I honestly don't know anymore. Some days he stays awake for 24 hrs or more and others he sleeps 10 hrs. It various. My son is 7 years old

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)