Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

When is your next IEP meeting?

Posted by   + Show Post
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Replies (31-40):
blessed2bhismom
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:32 AM

may 2nd

sayres
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Thank you

Quoting darbyakeep45:

That's wonderful mama!

Quoting sayres:

It went really well. DS is in special ed preschool and for the last 2 years he has been in a self contained class. This year he made a lot of progress. Next year he will be in an inclusive preschool class. We are very happy with his progress. Thank you for asking :)

Quoting Elyssa414:

How'd it go?

Quoting sayres:

I just had it last Thursday. So next April I think.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemotherof8
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:51 AM

My 20 y/o had her last IEP just last Friday. I had to make a statement though to put in her charts that she needs to stay on it until she is finished with school on the 18th of May. This way they can't make them do testing sense she is graduation.

macsrat123
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:25 PM

just had our exit IEP in March he will be moving out on his own in Aug/Sept  Just had a meeting with one of the providers to see if they meet my expectations lots of questions.

natesmom1228
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I had mine before Easter. It went well and he is going to stay in the 12:1:1 class in 6th grade also.

glory_love
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Before the last day of school which is June 7th....maybe the end of may, beginning of June....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kalic0
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:44 AM
We had our latest one a month again, so the next won't be until October or November. I can ask for one sooner if I don't like how things are going. Since my son is starting kindergarten, he has to change schools in the fall. We will see how he handles the transition.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FoxxyMama1
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Just had ours this past Thursday.  After 3 hours, we walked out feeling like our son was the most loved chid in our district (which, by the way, is the same district that has been on the news for the child who was bullied by their teacher and his aids).  

I had called about a week earlier to discuss what my husband and I felt would be appropriate for our son for next year.  Currently he's in a self contained k-2 class.  He's supposed to go into second grade and I felt he could handle inclusion so I proposed either a 2nd grade inclusion class if academically appropriate or... if he's not ready - retain him in a first grade inclusion class.  He tests early first grade in reading and math so we are putting him into the first grade inclusion.  They are keeping his speech at 3x a week but instead of 2 one on one sessions and one small group, he'll be doing 2 small groups and 1 one on one.  He's also dropping from OT 3x a week to 2x a week.

lfrrll5
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Not till September
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassy_sweet_blu
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Have yet to have one with either of my two...

12 yr old Dd ..... the school district special ed director says she feels there is no need for my DD to have a IEP or a 504.   They feel because she is capable of getting bench mark with her grades that she doesn't need one and she should just apply herself.   Unfortunely her grades are still not where they should be and i again will be goin back in to a meeting May 14th with them. 

5 yr old ds...     again we went in before spring break about testing that the doctor wanted done thru the school district.   after spring break.. and 2 more weeks we still hadn't heard nothing from them so we called the counselor to find any thing out.   It wasn't until we started OT out of the school.. and took a homemade weighted pencil into school just this past week that they decided oooooo he does need help.   They did a retention test on him due to his teacher saying he needed to be held back which he scored fair.   The school doesn't see a need.   They have also after i brought the pencil in brought in some things he could use.  Weighted wrist thing and a weighted pencil..     They also decided not to do any testing or meetings til next year since its so close to the end of the school district per district special ed director........... BLAH!!  i don't like the lady

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN