Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What has been you hardest moment this month?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:30 PM
  • 19 Replies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:05 PM

hard question , so many

mandee1503
by Amanda on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:14 PM

We've actually had a really good month so far. I'm sure there will be something soon.

mom2zachy122
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Honestly?  It's work.  Too many kids need speech and language therapy and they want me to do too many other things (paperwork, meetings, bus duty, lunch duty, phone calls, scribing for tests, administering state testing, etc) and despite our numbers growing they simply are NOT going to hire anyone else, so start decreasing the amount of times per week the kids get treatment and make the groups larger.  It's very, very stressful to be feel like you have something to contribute but you are being utilized for other, less effective things that exist only for the bean counters up the beauracracy chain.  Trying to balance the tension between what you are ethically and legally obligated to do and being "cost-effective education" at the same time is the most stressful thing for me right now.

Yes, my child has some behavior issues and yes, he has medical issues.  But (ironically due to the job and the health insurance that comes with it) we're moving ahead slowly but surely on those issues.  Yes, we are always juggling bills and our house is a mess, but they are not the major stressors for me.  It's the job.

Fortunately, it's April and the summer will bring different work til it starts all over again in Sept :)

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM
That does sound so stressful!

Quoting mom2zachy122:

Honestly?  It's work.  Too many kids need speech and language therapy and they want me to do too many other things (paperwork, meetings, bus duty, lunch duty, phone calls, scribing for tests, administering state testing, etc) and despite our numbers growing they simply are NOT going to hire anyone else, so start decreasing the amount of times per week the kids get treatment and make the groups larger.  It's very, very stressful to be feel like you have something to contribute but you are being utilized for other, less effective things that exist only for the bean counters up the beauracracy chain.  Trying to balance the tension between what you are ethically and legally obligated to do and being "cost-effective education" at the same time is the most stressful thing for me right now.

Yes, my child has some behavior issues and yes, he has medical issues.  But (ironically due to the job and the health insurance that comes with it) we're moving ahead slowly but surely on those issues.  Yes, we are always juggling bills and our house is a mess, but they are not the major stressors for me.  It's the job.

Fortunately, it's April and the summer will bring different work til it starts all over again in Sept :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I was a social worker for years--I can kind of relate!!  especially more and more paperwork and more and more kids/cases/families and to do with less and less and also yes not hiring the workers-and just piling it up and up and up--thinking of you!!! 

Quoting mom2zachy122:

lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Just trying to get my health care figuring out-and keep filing more papers and more papers and then trying to figure out about what my son will be able to have -re: hours for health care help and life skills and getting no where and then with the pipes busting in the home and then with some other stuff-relating to an ongoing situation and yes been quite the month 

lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Hugs-thinking of you

Quoting letstalk747:

hard question , so many

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Me too Mama!

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Hugs-thinking of you

Quoting letstalk747:

hard question , so many

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
girlygirl1219
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Dealing with people who stare or our rude I decided to take my two boys to the circus during school vacation and they really loved it and I was so happy!!! But before it was over my Joey had a little meltdown and peop,e were just rude rolling there eyes and stuff!!!!
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Deciding to put Lij on medication for his anxiety.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)