Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Children with Sensory Processing Disorder

Posted by   + Show Post

Does any other mom's children suffer from this. My son is 2 and doesn't speak either. just babbles he is in Therapy now for 3 months..

I am just frustrated and donot understand SPD at all... can anyone give me some info. something not so textbook...

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Replies (11-12):
bribren
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:20 PM

my daughter has SPD, Apraxia oral and motor,Dyslexia and Dysgraphia, She has been in therapy for speech since she was 15 months old and PT and OT since she was 3.5 years old. She is now 7 and all I can say is it's slow going but her progress has been amazing. my biggest problem with her is pain tolerance. The other day she cut her foot really bad like 14 stitches bad. I was in the garage helping my husband out and I came into a blood bath. my daughter didn't know she had cut herself or notice the blood. I grabbed her and put pressure on her foot I ask  her how it happened and she said I don't know.

ChantelHammonds
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:29 AM

What helped me the most to help me understand what was going on with my so with his sennsory processing disorder was a book called "The Out of Sync Child".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)