Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

My friend's son -abused by a school bus supervisor. HELP!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello, I have a friend who has a son with Special Needs.  He had something happen to him on the school bus that made the evening news a few days back.  She feels he was abused right in front of her by the type of restraint used by the bus barn supervisor.  Here is a link to the news story.  Any help on where she can go with this would be greatly appriciated.  I think she is talking to lawyers right now, but I'm not 100% sure.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/04/24/parents-of-special-needs-child-says-their-boy-was-restrained/

Some of the comments on that news site have disgusted me. 

Thanks!

Justice4Lukas

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Replies (11-13):
lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:22 AM

A choke hold --no--if the parents have high concern they need to talk to a lawyer--there is also advocates for them to help them with this--get a hold of a state rep too for them to help---  did they already contact special ed admin and the whole school board? 

Quoting Justice4Lukas:

Is a choke hold considered a proper restraint?

skeletor1017
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Tough situation all around. I agree with some PPs that we don't know what exactly what went on before the mom started recording. I definitely do NOT agree with the man using a choke hold. I do believe that since the parents feel that the man was wrong with what he did then they definitely need to contact a lawyer and get the whole situation straightened out. I am sort of surprised that they put him right back on that same bus though. But then they may have no short term alternative. 

kimber2465
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:58 AM

since we dont know the whole story and weren't there. what the man was doing was wrong. it says in the story since this has happen that there is aide and a teacher on the bus. was there an aide before this? everywhere my daughter has gone to school there has been an aide on the bus( is this a special ed bus?) my thing is with richard-what he was doing was wrong- he should have released to his mom.  i would be talking to a lawyer- and then would have a meeting with superintendent, and the head of bus service. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN