Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Tube mommas! help! *update*

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:23 PM
  • 13 Replies

Ty has a bad reaction going on but it's only where the tube is! The tape can not and has not touched there! Can he really be allergic to the tube? His eyes are really red and blood shot too. We emailed the dr about his eyes today but they think it's ok cuz he isn't vomiting and has no discharge and they haven't really been bothering him but they look awful. Then we had to switch his tape cuz it was coming off and we found this under the tube!

**Update** Well, Ty has earned himself a gtube! I called our on call GI and luky us it was our GI so she knows Ty! She doesn't think he is having a reaction to teh actual tube but nonetheless there is a lot of inflammation going on and it needs out asap. So it is out and then this weekend we aren't worrying about calories, just hydration but she said she is on so she will admit us if we can't get him hydrated. And then she said to call Monday and we're gonna set up for gtube cuz he can't not have a tube right now and they aren't comfortable putting another ng in. Sheesh this is just all sorts of crazy!

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Looks like he might be allergic to whatever the tube is made of. That or it's irritated from sweating, and the tube rubbing. I'd call and speak to someone.

Mipsy
by Chelle on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Should I call his pedi? I could probably email her the pic, should I?

Quoting mandee1503:

Looks like he might be allergic to whatever the tube is made of. That or it's irritated from sweating, and the tube rubbing. I'd call and speak to someone.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:05 PM
I'd do both in case it's something serious.

Quoting Mipsy:

Should I call his pedi? I could probably email her the pic, should I?

Quoting mandee1503:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Joy on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:54 PM

call and e-mail dr , yes,

so sorry about this to see this

Mipsy
by Chelle on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Emailed dr, she says he is having an allergic reaction so we have to switch sides and try putting tape under neath it. But it's irritating his eyes too so I don't think we can keep it in him much longer. He's got a small eczema type rash on his trunk too and the only new thing is this tube. And he gets this rash when he ingests something he's allergic to. =( We see gi next friday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Oh no. :( I'm sorry!

Quoting Mipsy:

Emailed dr, she says he is having an allergic reaction so we have to switch sides and try putting tape under neath it. But it's irritating his eyes too so I don't think we can keep it in him much longer. He's got a small eczema type rash on his trunk too and the only new thing is this tube. And he gets this rash when he ingests something he's allergic to. =( We see gi next friday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Sorry to hear this!!!   How is everything going right now?

Mipsy
by Chelle on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:20 AM
I cant move it til after his nightfeed and he's actually with his grandmother right now. We're out and I feel horrible for being out!

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Sorry to hear this!!!   How is everything going right now?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Chelle on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:00 AM

Here's a pic of his eyes =(

And the tube is latex free, it's made of polyurethane and from what I can find it's not a common allergy. Ugh! I'm sick over this!!!!! Why can't anything just be easy?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:11 AM
*hugs* I hope you guys are able to get it taken care of and today is a better day.

Quoting Mipsy:

Here's a pic of his eyes =(

And the tube is latex free, it's made of polyurethane and from what I can find it's not a common allergy. Ugh! I'm sick over this!!!!! Why can't anything just be easy?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN