Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

are you doing a special diet for your kiddo , what ?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Replies (21-25):
letstalk747
by Joy on May. 31, 2012 at 9:48 PM

is this helping ?

Quoting sammygrl77:

Christopher is on a high fat diet and pediasure.

letstalk747
by Joy on May. 31, 2012 at 9:53 PM

wow , im going to check into this more 

Quoting sassy_sweet_blu:

with the 12 yr old oh yeah....... not spending 30 mins in the bathroom at a time.......and no more stomach aches.  

with myself it was an issue ever since i was a child.  The doctors told my parents it was in my head.  It wasn't until my 14 yr ol nephew was being tested for celiacs that we found the world of food sensivity...   i read some where that 8 out of 10 people have some kinda food sensivity and don't even know it.   Instead its put off to other things like IBS... or reflux...     my 14 yr old nephew weights 76 lbs.  IF he eats it he loses weight.    I have a 11 yr old niece whom use to have big issues with asthma.......   she eats gluten free also and her issues are basically gone.  

I myself went thru the whole celiacs testing.... scope blood test.. etc..   all came back neg.   But when i eat gluten free i can tell a BIG DIFFERENCE...    i an't tired no more..... i have way more energy then i ever did as a kid.   I use to have aches and pains as a kid..... no more of that.  Arthritis is not my friend no more at the age of 34...  (only where i broke my arm as a kid)    

I will say ..... being gluten free is a life style change and is very hard especially after 30 something years of eating what i wanted.   I am a big sweet fan.....    and use to love fried fish.  I had like 5 bread shrimp the other day at long john silvers cause i couldn't help myself.   I was sick for 2 days with heart burn and stomach ache.   Dh just gives me the look of ......"its ur own darn fault"   I havn't had fried foods like that in forever ago.    choc cake is my downfall big time.....  lets not talk about hang over for 3 days after drinking 1 beer EEKK...   food sensivity is totally different then an allergy.  If ur intolerant to something it doesn't show up in an allergy test.    It can be done thru DNA blood test though

https://www.alcat.com/viewnews.php?id=117   

website to food sensivity testing.......   i have other websites i like to follow too. intesting topics and such about food sensivity...... 

Quoting letstalk747:

have you noticed any changes or something is better being on this ?

Quoting sassy_sweet_blu:

me and our 12 yr old daughter is on a gluten free diet .......  

sammygrl77
by on May. 31, 2012 at 9:59 PM
No. He is suppose to get 1500 calories a day nut can only take in about 1,000 max. Some days are as low as 700.

Quoting letstalk747:

is this helping ?

Quoting sammygrl77:

Christopher is on a high fat diet and pediasure.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Max6892
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Mainly g-tube fed...he never tolerated formula well (I pumped for a long time, but the well ran dry). We started a blended food diet through his g-tube and he has done sooo much better!! Bought a Vitamix and it has been worth every penny. You can blend ANYTHING to go through the tube!!  Breakfast today was oatmeal, fruit, avocado all in a tube friendly shake. We work on feeding with every meal and try to make it a very positive experience, so really whatever he will eat by mouth we celebrate. We have the tube for back-up. 

Pukalani79
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

We're trying a gluten free diet to see if it helps with Lindsay's stomach pain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN