Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

UPDATE on finding a transfer bench for our garden tub--we have gotten no where but called, researched and gone to a lot of places-HELP-need ASAP

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:12 AM
  • 15 Replies

I have found tons and tons of transfer benches BUT---

the seat height has to be 25 inches-that is our issue nothing that tall--and thought of leg extensions but still not tall enough--

Help!! Anyone????  

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:13 AM

oh yeah thanks in advance!!

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:15 AM
I reall wish I knew something to help!! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Thanks though Elyssa--

Quoting Elyssa414:

I reall wish I knew something to help!! :(

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:26 AM
What about the kind that mounts to the tub so it doesn't have legs at all? Are those too narrow for your garden tub?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:28 AM

We have looked at some of those but the issue is getting our kiddo in the tub--the transfer bench is so much easier for him--

Quoting Elyssa414:

What about the kind that mounts to the tub so it doesn't have legs at all? Are those too narrow for your garden tub?

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:59 AM
I saw one when I looked that swiveled, so he could sit on it facing out and then slide in and turn at the same time...? I'll try to post the link
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Thanks--is it a swivel transfer bench or a swivel bench?  if transfer bench is legs at least 25 inches?  

Quoting Elyssa414:

I saw one when I looked that swiveled, so he could sit on it facing out and then slide in and turn at the same time...? I'll try to post the link

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM
I went back and looked and it's a swivel transfer bench that mounts to the tub wall... But it looks like the inside has legs still, so probably too short. Ugh!

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Thanks--is it a swivel transfer bench or a swivel bench?  if transfer bench is legs at least 25 inches?  

Quoting Elyssa414:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Thank you so much for looking though!!!  How thoughtful!!

Quoting Elyssa414:

I went back and looked and it's a swivel transfer bench that mounts to the tub wall... But it looks like the inside has legs still, so probably too short. Ugh!

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Quoting Elyssa414:

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Okay, what about this?? It mounts right to the wall, so it can potentially be any height...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0049VUFGK/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

Sorry, I can't make it clicky on mobile
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN