Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

I am so grateful for

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:47 AM
  • 16 Replies

purchasing the bed pan for my son early afternoon came home from school with a 101 degree temp and he is very weak and unable to transfer well when sick and he weighs 140 lbs (he is 19 years old)  

Timing could not be perfect to purchase that!!

He is doing better today-temp went back to normal or just slight above but he is suppose to perform in a dance tonight and I am having him rest-he has practiced a long time so hoping (he is for sure) he can perform tonight--

What are you grateful for re: your kids with SN that others (not dealing with the circumstance) might look at your weird-lol-

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Hope he feels better soon! Glad you were able to purchase that.

I'm grateful for our insurance, even though I had to pay 20% for Jacob's afos and hand splints. I just wish it was a little bit better, and covered equipment all around.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad you got that for him mama!  I'm happy for you:)

I'm grateful that Brady is so easy going...it makes my life easier when it comes to his treatments and such:)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I'm also grateful that he takes a pacifier...that he likes it...it helps immensely when it comes to g-tube feeds and treatments...he is calm with it and it makes my life easier!

bmlcr
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Thats good to hear hope he can dance at his show. As of right now Im greatful Bradley is such an easy baby. We have so much ahead of us, at first I was scared but now I feel like we can do this.

lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:14 AM

In PA even if there is other insurance the MA would back up the rest of the cost in most equipment situation-you don't have that in California?  

I just purchase some things because easier than waiting 5 months--like I am going to just buy the transfer bench for the bathtub when I find one--because we need one now--

but the big expensive items for sure go through the insurance--oh my so expensive for their equipment that they need-

Quoting mandee1503:

Hope he feels better soon! Glad you were able to purchase that.

I'm grateful for our insurance, even though I had to pay 20% for Jacob's afos and hand splints. I just wish it was a little bit better, and covered equipment all around.

lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Thanks-yes he loved his dance show last night though he has a normal temperature he still did not feel the best but he really really wanted to go--so we took him--thank goodness-because his bus driver showed up with her husband (they are sweet) my mom and step-dad showed up, and one of the health care aides and brought her little 2 year old boy (she is so sweet too)--so he had a little fan club-LOL!!

What a wonderful thing to be grateful for!!  Yes YOU can do this!!  I am sure you hooked up with Darby-group mod on here already-she is the sweetest lady and most wonderful mother

Quoting bmlcr:

Thats good to hear hope he can dance at his show. As of right now Im greatful Bradley is such an easy baby. We have so much ahead of us, at first I was scared but now I feel like we can do this.

lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah Darby I don't know I was just determined to purchase one that day and know I could get them online but for some reason felt I need it now (which I did) but I had to go to like SEVEN places-they didn't have them or out of stock--finally found one!!

What a wonderful thing to be grateful for!!!  Glad Brady is easy going

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Glad you got that for him mama!  I'm happy for you:)

I'm grateful that Brady is so easy going...it makes my life easier when it comes to his treatments and such:)

lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this

That is so great he takes a pacifer and it helps him!!!  Anything to make our lives easier is what I say too Darby!!!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I'm also grateful that he takes a pacifier...that he likes it...it helps immensely when it comes to g-tube feeds and treatments...he is calm with it and it makes my life easier!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:25 AM

You can do this mama!  Hugs!

Quoting bmlcr:

icantshowmyface
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:28 AM
I'm so grateful for my sons asthma medicine, can't imagine life without it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN