Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

What are the ages of your kids and your kid(s) with SN?

Posted by   + Show Post

Since we have a lot of new members I though it would be good to re-post this--

My kiddo is 19 years old and he has cerebral palsy-spastic athetoid (in a wheelchair (does use gait trainer and walker (with assistance) for short periods of time, technically non-verbal but uses different ways of communication and 24/7 care, developmental disability-moderate, GI issues, and disruptive behavior disorder (doing real well with that)

How about your kiddos?  age and diagnosis?

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Replies (31-40):
michele115
by Michele on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband has a son, Skyler, who is19 and our 19 month old Logan with down syndrome.

kittycat813
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

16 boy adhd  austum behavior problems, 71/2 girl speech delay,cognitive disability and delaxia, 6 year girl speech delay, adhd, and delaxia

mom2zachy122
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

DS with ADHD, probable ASD, ODD, developmental delay and SPD....6  years old (as of yesterday :)

lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Quoting mom2zachy122:

DS with ADHD, probable ASD, ODD, developmental delay and SPD....6  years old (as of yesterday :)

mom2zachy122
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Quoting mom2zachy122:

thank you!  It was a great day :)

angelrach86
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:53 PM
My son is 10 with adhd and has a physical disability that deteriorates the ligaments and muscles in the legs.(but is able to walk just different and gets tired easy) And a processing disorder.(had trouble getting thoughts on paper takes language therapy for it)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kenre
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Monkey is 4. He has malformed intestines, milk allergy and intolerance, ADHD, verbal communication delay, and was born with a two vessel cord and IUGR. Lump is 2. He has CAPD, severe speech delays, verbal communication delays, and a hole between his right and left ventrical in his heart. Bean is 1. His only problem is he is teething. LOL. I am due in May with my daughter. We have seen possible heart problem and IUGR. We shall see when she is born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Thanks for sharing!! Thinking of you and family and congrats on your baby due in May

Quoting Kenre:

Monkey is 4. He has malformed intestines, milk allergy and intolerance, ADHD, verbal communication delay, and was born with a two vessel cord and IUGR. Lump is 2. He has CAPD, severe speech delays, verbal communication delays, and a hole between his right and left ventrical in his heart. Bean is 1. His only problem is he is teething. LOL. I am due in May with my daughter. We have seen possible heart problem and IUGR. We shall see when she is born.

bcjmom31
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

12 yr old son COLTON aspergers!

lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Welcome --very supportive ladies here--

Quoting angelrach86:

My son is 10 with adhd and has a physical disability that deteriorates the ligaments and muscles in the legs.(but is able to walk just different and gets tired easy) And a processing disorder.(had trouble getting thoughts on paper takes language therapy for it)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)