Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Afraid for the future

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

I find myself thinking about what's going to happen to my seven-year-old in the future a lot lately.  He's an only child and I'm 40 and dad's 41, the hard cold math says that he'll be left alone.  I'm so heartbroken over this I feel like I'm dying.  I love Konner so much and want the world for him and I want so much for him to always have someone that loves him and looks after him.  I don't know what to about this, I hate everything about it.

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
natesmom1228
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Do you have a plan in place just in case something does happen? I know it's not pleasant to think about and it bothers us all. You are not going anywhere so cherish the time with your child and don't worry so much about the future.

lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I think of that sometimes too-We have a will--Hugs--it is hard to think about it--We live day by day as much as we can but do think about that-thinking of you

sammygrl77
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I try really reallly hard not to think about that, but I know it is something we have to prepare for. We decided on who would have patience enough for Christopher and who would give him the same love and care as we would, or at least close. We ended up deciding on my husband's half sister, whom we met when I was pregnant with the twins. As we all get older, we have to revisit it and see if there is a nephew, neice, or one of his sisters who would be the right candidate. We've even discussed friends, but none were fitting.

sayres
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:33 AM
This is a difficult thing to think about. My ds is an only child too. I have a plan for now (my sister) but as he ages I don't know. I try to just focus on our current plan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:40 AM
I know it's hard to think about it but you always got to come up with a back up plan. I know it's super hard but that's another part about being a special needs momma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM

It's very hard to think about, and we have talked about it a few times, but not that often.  We have a will and my in-laws will get Brady if something happens to us.  Otherwise, my husband's brother and his wife will get Brady.  

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on May. 1, 2012 at 10:33 PM
The future is a scary place! *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michele115
by Michele on May. 1, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I'm 41 and my dh is 40 and our son is 19 months. I can only hope my nephew will look after him after we are gone. He is only 15 but I have talked a little about it with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)