Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autistic children denied entrance to aquarium

Posted by   + Show Post
Replies (11-18):
jjamom
by Michele on May. 1, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Quoting mandee1503:

That's true. Hopefully it's a sign that things are beginning to change there!
FoxxyMama1
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:34 PM

While they are trying to make it right - I really have a problem with the blogger who stated ""If there had been a group of people using wheelchairs, then we could have explained the Oceanarium's reluctance to let them in on a weekend … but a visit on a cleanup day is beyond understanding," noted a Russian blogger." 

Seriously? 

mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 1, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Maybe they are really busy on the weekends? Doesn't excuse it either way though.

Quoting FoxxyMama1:

While they are trying to make it right - I really have a problem with the blogger who stated ""If there had been a group of people using wheelchairs, then we could have explained the Oceanarium's reluctance to let them in on a weekend … but a visit on a cleanup day is beyond understanding," noted a Russian blogger." 

Seriously? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 1, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Why do I continue to be surprised by things like this?

mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 1, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Guess we're still waiting for a good article to come along. One where we can rejoice in fairness for Special needs kids!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Why do I continue to be surprised by things like this?

LittleCondon
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I hate hearing stories like this, no matter where they're from. My daughter has never had to experience anything like this and I hope she never does. Right now her dwarfism is cute since she's so little, but I worry about when she gets older and people start to stare at her and tease her. I can't even imagine if people were as ignorant about her condition as they are with autism.

mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 2, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I think it's one of all of our biggest fears. Our children being misunderstood.

Quoting LittleCondon:

I hate hearing stories like this, no matter where they're from. My daughter has never had to experience anything like this and I hope she never does. Right now her dwarfism is cute since she's so little, but I worry about when she gets older and people start to stare at her and tease her. I can't even imagine if people were as ignorant about her condition as they are with autism.

LittleCondon
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I couldn't agree more. It's definitely one of my biggest fears.

Quoting mandee1503:

I think it's one of all of our biggest fears. Our children being misunderstood.

Quoting LittleCondon:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)