Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Having 2nd thoughts

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:15 AM
  • 21 Replies
Ok it's only 10pm and Ty's surgery is at 11am. I'm having nightmares already! I'm scared! I am worried we're making the wrong decision. I am scared he will hate us. I'm altering his body! He's getting close to school age and I'm worried this is opening him up to bullying. We have no idea how long he'll have this. I'm scared of it. I'm really scared he's going to hate us, hate me. I feel like I've failed him. The surgeon today said the hardest part is the decision to do this. But I sat there thinking "actually, deciding to do this was easy for us" but now I'm realizing it isn't. But we're past the part of deciding and already doing it!

Sorry, I know many others have this and it's no bog deal. I guess we just figured by this age (nearly 4), we were home free for ever needing a feeding tube and that we would never have this issue. I don't know where things went wrong =/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on May. 1, 2012 at 1:26 AM
I'm sorry your so worry!! Just keep positive!! ((HUGS))
Can I ask whats he having done?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Reinke_Mommy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:58 AM

hugs

mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 1, 2012 at 2:03 AM

*hugs* Hang in there momma! There are so many kids in schools with feeding tubes. I hope you sleep well tonight, and that tomorrow goes smoothly.

Mipsy
by Chelle on May. 1, 2012 at 2:29 AM
Just getting a gtube in. But we only first started the whole feeding tube route 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Things went fast

Quoting Hottmomma607:

I'm sorry your so worry!! Just keep positive!! ((HUGS))

Can I ask whats he having done?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 1, 2012 at 5:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs mama!  Don't doubt yourself...you are doing what you need to do for your child!  If he doesn't end up needing it in the long run, have it removed...that's what Amanda did for her son:)

jjamom
by Michele on May. 1, 2012 at 6:43 AM
Good luck. It will be fine, you just have to do what is best for him right now. Down the line, he may not need it. ((hugs))
sayres
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:56 AM
You are doing what Ty needs. You have NOT failed him! All of us have had to use medical or theraputic intervention to help our children. Sometimes you can't do it without help and that doesn't say anything bad about you.
I hope everything goes well today! ((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:20 AM
((Hugs))

You are making the best decision you can for Ty. I don't think he will ever hate you because you always have his best interest in mind. You are awesome for all the fighting you do to find answers and help him not be in pain. Good luck today. Keep us updated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:47 AM
I know this is hard. For us it was easy too. He was only a baby but the choice was easy. But after 3 months if he does good with his g tube he can have a button and you will be able to barely notice it. Chin up momma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Hugs!!!   Thinking of you and Ty and family!! You know what is best for son--though us as mommas do doubt ourselves at times!!! Hang in there!! thinking of you especially today!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN