Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Surgery update and more issues *update*

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:58 PM
  • 18 Replies
Surgery was good, Ty is screaming and in and out of it and has thrown up.

The surgeon found something is wrong with Ty's bladder. It was completely full despite flooding 2 diapers minutes before surgery, it is bigger than normal, and has moved up higher than it should be. They are calling urology in and are going to talk, then speak with us. Something is wrong is all we know. I cried already now I'm just pissed and numb. Pissed cuz it never ends right now.

Ty is out so I'm gonna try to catch some sleep. I'll update as I can.

**Update** We're waiting for his MRI right now. We saw a urologist and had a bladder scan before 7am! They looked to see how much urine was in him after voiding. He had 172ml left in there. As far as I know that's not too good. Hoping MRI shows something of use and our urologist himself is going to try to stop by today. All our drs are coordinating beautifully! Maybe complaining wasn't so bad?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 1, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Glad surgery went well. Sorry there seems to be another problem. Poor Ty. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 1, 2012 at 4:48 PM

HUGS mama!  Please keep us updated:)  Thinking about you and praying for Ty!

mom4fun695
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:52 PM

HUGS : (  I hope they can do something to help him.. Your family is in my prayers.

praying

jjamom
by Michele on May. 1, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Glad the surgery is over and it went well. Hope he is feeling better soon and I hope you get some answers soon too.
Solarpupw2boys
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I am glad he is out of surgery and it went good. Just think if you had not had it done you would have never known about his bladder. Hope it isn't anything too serious and an easy fix. Hope you got some sleep.

sayres
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:25 PM
I'm glad to hear that surgery went well. I am so sorry to hear that this is not the end of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Chelle on May. 1, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Very true! His dr feels that way too.

Funny thing too, tomorrow Ty was supposed to have a follow up with his neuro but his neuro took some days off so they had to reschedule us. Interesting cuz now here we are in the hospital! I was mad at first (there's back-story to it) but now I'm like "wow, weird turn of events!"

Quoting Solarpupw2boys:

I am glad he is out of surgery and it went good. Just think if you had not had it done you would have never known about his bladder. Hope it isn't anything too serious and an easy fix. Hope you got some sleep.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Chelle on May. 1, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Thanks gals! <3 They have him getting a MRI on his bladder tomorrow. Thats all I know right now. Hoping to see GI again but doubt it, no worries though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:39 PM
(((hugs)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 1, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Let us know how the MRI goes tomorrow...how is he feeling tonight?

Quoting Mipsy:

Thanks gals! <3 They have him getting a MRI on his bladder tomorrow. Thats all I know right now. Hoping to see GI again but doubt it, no worries though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)