Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am the momma of a 7 month old lil boy with Cystic Fibrosis and I was just wondering if anyone else out there has a child with CF.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Replies (11-15):
bmlcr
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Im Heather my now 7week old son Bradley has CF. Nice to meet you! Darby is amazing! Im still learning alot myself right now but, Im here for any support. :)

friendstoall
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:39 AM

I have a 7 month old little boy with CF also.

DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't, but they did test DS for it when he was little so I did a good bit of research into it while we were waiting for the test results.  DS goes to school with two brothers who have it.  The second brother, who is in DS's class, was already conceived by the time they Dx'd the first brother.

I know it's a scary diagnosis, but there have been tons of advancements made in just the last couple of decades.  Things are looking pretty good now.  When I was in HS, we had a teacher in her early 50's who was considered almost a miracle at that point.  Now, not even 20 years later, that's hardly remarkable. (My good friend works as a nurse with CF patients.)  

The boys DS is in school with so far live relatively normal lives.  They go to the doctor more often, drink "special milk" at lunch, and have to take pills before they eat, but you wouldn't be able to pick them out on the playground.  They are academic acheivers and get good grades.  They play youth sports just like all the other kids, and are considerably better at them than my own son.  

I know you're facing a scary time, but stay strong and have faith!  I'll send you good luck thoughts!   

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Welcome to the group...I have a 3.5 year old with CF:)

Quoting friendstoall:

I have a 7 month old little boy with CF also.

UMiamiChick5683
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Welcome! My almost 2 year old dd has CF as well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)