Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Do you

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:54 PM
  • 14 Replies

blog about your special needs child or your family while raising your special needs child? 

I started one  here today and its just going to be random thoughts. I would like to take one day each week and make a post from the facts of other parents ( like ya'll). If you would like to do this with me on my blog send me a pm. 

Tomorrow I'm going to do a blog post about us moving and what made us move. 

Fridays is going to be dedicated to answering questions that may be asked. 

so I was thinking maybe Thursday bringing 'awareness" to other illnesses. May is awareness month for Mental Health, May 6-12th is awareness for children mental health, Arthritis Awareness Month,  Lyme Disease Awareness Month, Hearing and Speech Month, Neurofibromatosis , Lupus Awareness, Hepatitis Awareness, National Celiac Disease Awareness, National Osteoporosis Awareness and Prevention Month just to give ya'll an idea BUT I will put any story on my blog just to help bring awareness to different illnesses in children and the bads and goods about it. So if you are interested please send me a message on here or pm me your/your family's story and I will put it in the blog. If this works like I would love it to do maybe I can do a different life story every month. We don't have to put your names in it. We can just do the first letter or what ever you want to protect your child and family. 

by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 1, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Yes, we have a family blog and I usually only blog about my special needs son:)  Here's a link to our blog!

christydlewis
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Yes, we have a family blog and I usually only blog about my special needs son:)  Here's a link to our blog!

Ok I'm following it. If you would ever like me to post a blog to help rise awareness let me know. I'm wanting to do at least 1 or 2  awareness a week 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 1, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Quoting christydlewis:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Ok I'm following it. If you would ever like me to post a blog to help rise awareness let me know. I'm wanting to do at least 1 or 2  awareness a week 

I would LOVE that to be honest...e-mail me at jdkeep08@gmail.com, and we'll set up a guest post for you on our blog!

Mipsy
by Chelle on May. 1, 2012 at 7:35 PM
That's kewl!!! I'm bookmarking my spot here so I can follow you when I get home.

I have a blog and caringbridge for my son. I'll have to link it later :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Bookmarking this too so I can find it when I get on my laptop tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 1, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Thanks for sharing. I'll check it out.

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on May. 1, 2012 at 9:46 PM
What a neat idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christydlewis
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting christydlewis:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I would LOVE that to be honest...e-mail me at jdkeep08@gmail.com, and we'll set up a guest post for you on our blog!

Almost 3 hours later I got David's major story typed up and emailed to you. Thats just about his surgeries he had and not the other "normal"days ( what every "normal" may be)

letstalk747
by Joy on May. 1, 2012 at 11:17 PM

i have never blogged

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 2, 2012 at 5:44 AM

Great!  Thanks for sending that to me:)  I will get it all ready for a guest post on my blog for next week...is that okay with you?

Quoting christydlewis:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting christydlewis:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Almost 3 hours later I got David's major story typed up and emailed to you. Thats just about his surgeries he had and not the other "normal"days ( what every "normal" may be)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)