Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

craziness ...

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:51 AM
  • 14 Replies
Well today the pharmacy was able to get the melatonin in the concentration that the doctor ordered but it is $14 a bottle and it should be enough for one month (4 weeks) they are still working on the stool softener and doc wrote a letter to the insurance stating that it is medically necessary that he have it and in liquid form. The insurance should be letting us know if its approved by tomorrow but the other issue with the stool softener is that none of the pharmacies have it and are trying to order it but they can't order it until the insurance says they will cover it.

My uncle was released from the hospital this afternoon. He had a minor heart attack and it didn't require a stint just some blood tining medication and a few hours observation. My grandpa also had a heart attack this morning. It was his second heart attack in 3 weeks. After his first one it was discovered that he had a bad heart valve and will need it replaced. But also for many years now he was being treated for severe asma and come to find out he breathing issues were not caused by his asma but caused by his heart. So he was a lung steroids for years now and didn't need to be. So they can't do his surgery until he is slowly weaned of the steroids. He has another stint placed today and he is doing better but wont be coming home for another few day to a week.

So much going on right now its crazy. My parents are also in the middle of an ugly divorce and my mom is staying with me right now. And 2 Sundays ago my crazy dad climbed over my 6 foot wood privacy fenced in back yard and broke into my house. He never knocked on the door or anything he just broke in at 6:30 in the morning. He has came up with some crazy excuses on why he did it. Well anyway he no longer is allowed on my property.

Well that's my update for now. Thank you all for your support and kind words I need them right now. I feel like I'm going to collapse. :'(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mipsy
by Chelle on May. 2, 2012 at 1:07 AM
Goodness! Things are really pouring right now, I'm so sorry momma! I hate insurance, for crying out loud when a DOCTOR says they need a med, who are they to dispute it? I hate insurance! Do you guys just have private insurance or state insurance? Jw, if you have just private you should check into a Katie Beckett program. It's basically a secondary state insurance and they pick up copays and the rest of prescriptions etc. It's a life saver!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeneneRose
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:21 AM
Lifeson has Katie Beckett and badger care. It has been hard to get the insurance to cover anything. Its always a fight. This winter they wouldny cover the RSV shots and his doc sent 5 letters then Lifeson ended up with an upper respiratory infection then it was too late for the shots. Just last week the insurance called his doc and told him that they don't want Lifeson on the formula he I on because its too costly and they wanted his doc to take him off of it and put him on something else cheaper. Insurance is covering the formula because he is tube fed but they cover 15 cans and Wic gives 10 and I have to buy about 5 a month he goes through a can a day and for 5 cans its like $110.

Its pouring here that's for sure! :'(

Quoting Mipsy:

Goodness! Things are really pouring right now, I'm so sorry momma! I hate insurance, for crying out loud when a DOCTOR says they need a med, who are they to dispute it? I hate insurance! Do you guys just have private insurance or state insurance? Jw, if you have just private you should check into a Katie Beckett program. It's basically a secondary state insurance and they pick up copays and the rest of prescriptions etc. It's a life saver!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 2, 2012 at 1:27 AM
I'm glad you dr is helping! So sorry for all the major things happening currently. Hope tomorrow is better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 2, 2012 at 5:42 AM

Wow mama!  You can't seem to catch a break for anything...HUGS!

lifeisajoy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Thinking of you and PM me--It is crazy dealing with insurance and what you need--I take a breath and do it the next day --if it is too much for that day---Glad your dr is helping though--that does help some---Hope it settles for you--that is A LOT on your plate

Mipsy
by Chelle on May. 2, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Gr I've typed this 80 times now I swear! Stupid hospital internet!

Short version: call the drs and tell them you need more formula. Insurance covers what the drs order especially with tube feeding we have found so if you need more the drs need to order more.

Have you guys applied for SSI? That can help offset costs too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Joy on May. 2, 2012 at 10:48 AM

you ARE going thru so much , hang in there , keep us posted , ok

jjamom
by Michele on May. 2, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Big hugs to you!
natesmom1228
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Hugs!! It will get better.

Pukalani79
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:42 PM

So sorry you are going through all of this!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)