Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Are you dealing with your own health issues plus your kiddo (s) with SN?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:49 AM
  • 33 Replies

I have epilepsy, migraines, colitis, and severe nerve damage (due to side effect of having shingles after have seizures--painful is shingles)

How do you cope?  I take one day at a time--and accept any help I can get--

by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kkrk1012
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:56 AM
i also have epliepsy,sevre migraines,fibromyalga,anxiety,and a thyroid issue.. I take it one day at a time my sons needs come before mine and my S/O gives me a break every once in a while when hes off work so i can regroup
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Hugs to you mama!!  My sons needs come first also but I also know I have to keep care of my health or it will be difficult to care for my son--same here DH gives me a break also when he is off work--so I can rest and try to stay as healthy as I can be

It is nice to meet you!!

Quoting kkrk1012:

i also have epliepsy,sevre migraines,fibromyalga,anxiety,and a thyroid issue.. I take it one day at a time my sons needs come before mine and my S/O gives me a break every once in a while when hes off work so i can regroup

kkrk1012
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM
nice to meet u too i try and rest also when kids are at school but its hard sometimes cuz i can actually get things done around here lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
willysmama
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I have diabetes type 1, thyroid issues, endometriosis, psoriasis, and a few more issues. One day at a time. Dh had to take willy to school yesterday cause i was in to much pain from my cramps.

lifeisajoy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Hope you feel better today---for the past few days my colitis was acting so bad-by last night--I had to take a break and luckily I had the health care aide last night--

Quoting willysmama:

I have diabetes type 1, thyroid issues, endometriosis, psoriasis, and a few more issues. One day at a time. Dh had to take willy to school yesterday cause i was in to much pain from my cramps.

lifeisajoy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I know what you mean!!  Like today I have been up since 5:50--kid off to school, took care of animals, load of laundry, vacuumed and swept, went to work to drop off some stuff and came home and crashed for

30 minutes now I am back up and depends on how feel I may have to lay down again--

Take Care

Quoting kkrk1012:

nice to meet u too i try and rest also when kids are at school but its hard sometimes cuz i can actually get things done around here lol

myfirstborn04
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:07 PM
I'm starting to. My periods late mostlikely from stress. The boys are on melt down over load lately. Getting meds adjusted for them. Now we are getting ready to move next month and I just don't know how I'm going to survive. I have so much packing and sorting to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Oh hugs and wish you the best on the moving-I did that 4 yrs ago and hope not to do that for many more years--Yes it could be (period late) from stress--talk to doc if continues I hope the med adjustment help for the boys and thinking of you and your family during this time of all of this going on for you--

Quoting myfirstborn04:

I'm starting to. My periods late mostlikely from stress. The boys are on melt down over load lately. Getting meds adjusted for them. Now we are getting ready to move next month and I just don't know how I'm going to survive. I have so much packing and sorting to do.

myfirstborn04
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you, yes I am watching my period and already took a test. Negative

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Oh hugs and wish you the best on the moving-I did that 4 yrs ago and hope not to do that for many more years--Yes it could be (period late) from stress--talk to doc if continues I hope the med adjustment help for the boys and thinking of you and your family during this time of all of this going on for you--

Quoting myfirstborn04:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
willysmama
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Hope you feel better today---for the past few days my colitis was acting so bad-by last night--I had to take a break and luckily I had the health care aide last night--

Quoting willysmama:

Thanks. I do feel a little better today. Just a few more days of my cycle than i don't have to worry about endometriosis pain til next month

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN