Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

It doesn't rain here, we get hurricanes apparently

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 9 Replies
We took Ty to a follow up with GI today. Only gone 3 hours in the middle of the day. I get home and our house was trashed. Someone broke in. Some stuff is missing but nothing major, and honestly I care less about (except our video camera, it had tapes of Ty). But I feel violated and scared. They came in through our dog door which is small, cats are bigger than our dog. They put our dog in our garage. Cops came and took pics and dusted for prints. They now have lovely pics of my bras and sexy wear, lovely!

We just got home! Dh is working 14hr days all weekend. Now the house is trashed and I'm alone! I'm afraid to leave the house but afraid to go back (I'm at my MILs).

Then for Ty's appt they said he may be gaining weight but they believe he's malnourished. That his body has never gotten the proper nutrients because of medical issues left untreated (due to drs not listening to me), food allergies, and then behavioral issues as a result of everything else. He'll have his tube for at least 2yrs, if he has mito it will be lifelong. In possibly 6 months they will put him in intensive feeding rehab. Til then he can eat if he wants but majority of nutrition is coming from tube and formula. They're getting with a genetic dr at the hospital to get us in and speed up the testing. Then urology tests will provide more answers to whether it's his gut and bladder or possibly a blockage in his uretha (I think thats it? The tube from bladder to opening?) or whatever else. But for now the dangerous/really scary stuff is ruled out. So there's my day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on May. 4, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Oh my gosh!!!! I'm so sorry. I cant imagine coming home to that- on top of all you are going through!! That just infuriates me! That these asshats think they have the right to go into someone's home and violate them that way... :( *GIANT HUGS*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Chelle on May. 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM
I feel very violated. To think someone I didn't know was in my home and going through my personal things makes me sick. And they came in Ty's room. That sickens me the most. I feel like nowhere is safe.

It's possible the same people who did our house got someone elses close by and she saw who did it and was able to give some description. It happened between 2-4pm, ours happened between 11-2pm. Just blocks away the exact same thing happened! I'm getting with that person so we can see what we can figure out and see what the cops think/say.

Quoting Elyssa414:

Oh my gosh!!!! I'm so sorry. I cant imagine coming home to that- on top of all you are going through!! That just infuriates me! That these asshats think they have the right to go into someone's home and violate them that way... :( *GIANT HUGS*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 5, 2012 at 12:50 AM

That's awful! I'm so sorry you guys were robbed! I'm glad they are finally listening to you, and are starting to help you get Ty the help he needs.

Mipsy
by Chelle on May. 5, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Me too. All the other drs have said "well he's gaining weight so he must be doing good" but no, he isn't good! It's like if you eat nothing but fast food you will gain weight but you're not getting the nutrition you need, you know? Not that we feed Ty fast food,but just his diet has never been evaluated and fixed based upon his medical and behavioral needs! Our GI today got so upset cuz she felt awful that she hadn't realized how much he has declined this last yr. She said she thinks the ng tube reaction needed to happen because it forced us into the gtube and he has needed it for awhile but we hadn't fully realized it. She said he looks better today and even said "I mean no offense and was teasing him about being a grumpy pants a few days ago and now a happy boy but he really was just not a happy little boy a few days ago and now that he's finally getting his nutritional needs met he's a completely different boy!" and he is. This happened with the ng too (til the reaction started), in just days he was perkier, happier, and looked better. Imagine what he'll look like in 6 months!!!

Quoting mandee1503:

That's awful! I'm so sorry you guys were robbed! I'm glad they are finally listening to you, and are starting to help you get Ty the help he needs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sayres
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:03 AM
About 12 years ago our house was broken into too. I felt so violated and scared. And we were actually home asleep when it happened. I'm glad you are all safe. Things can be replaced.
I'm happy to head that your GI is going to help you get Ty the help he needs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammygrl77
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:07 AM
Oh my! How scary! I'm glad no one was hurt though.

Wonderful that all the bad stuff has been ruled out. It's about time the doctors start figuring out how to help him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Chelle on May. 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Wow! Thats 100x more scarier and seriously would have killed me just from fear and panic! Another place got hit just a few blocks from my house and not long after ours was hit. We think they are the same kids! We're corroborating our stories right now. She saw kids hanging out before it happened, 15 minutes before I left I saw kids walking down my street. The 2 I saw and she saw were the same races.

Quoting sayres:

About 12 years ago our house was broken into too. I felt so violated and scared. And we were actually home asleep when it happened. I'm glad you are all safe. Things can be replaced.

I'm happy to head that your GI is going to help you get Ty the help he needs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Chelle on May. 5, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Yeah me too. And I'm normally home, so that scares me the most

Quoting sammygrl77:

Oh my! How scary! I'm glad no one was hurt though.

Wonderful that all the bad stuff has been ruled out. It's about time the doctors start figuring out how to help him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 6, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Oh my goodness...I'm so sorry!  I wish I lived closer to you and I'd come help out in any way I could!  You have SO much on your plate right now and you are handling things SO well, from Ty's issues to your house to being a single mom (more or less) since your hubby works so much.  My heart goes out to you and I want you to know that I'm praying for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)