Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

I am hoping people understand--but I don't think they do--but I am hoping especially the people close do to me

I do feel they know the joy my boy brings to everyone!

But do they know my boy gets sad?  Do they know my boy has pain?  Do they know that it takes at least 1.5 hours to get my boy ready in the am --and do they really understand how that is?  Do they know my boy wants to just go and run in the field but yet his wheelchair gets stuck in the mud and he can't really be left alone for he don't understand dangers?  Do they know that my boy wants to be independent in so many ways and he sure tries but he will always need help--I think they understand that--but I don't know how fully--Somedays are harder than others for me--I guess today is one of those days--  Do they know that when my boy drops to his knees standing up--he don't really know the dangers to him and to me (or whoever is caring for him)  Do they really understanding my boy tries and tries to talk--and he never give ups but I think somedays he just wants to spirt it all out--Do they really know my boy has tons and tons of patience but somedays it don't look like it--but what if they had to go through what he goes through everyday?  Do they understand that my boys GI issues are extremely painful and I think embarrassing for him--I think they may understand that a little but not a lot--

Sorry about the semi-sad post--but I just had to write this out--He is a happy boy most of the time but he has feelings too and though may be special I think he understands--somewhat--

Thanks for listening-

by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Replies (21-21):
lifeisajoy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Thanks

Quoting Elyssa414:

Love to you and your boy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN