Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

gtube moms! does this look normal? *pic*

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM
  • 4 Replies

I was cleaning Ty today and noticed it looks like his hole is getting bigger? He's having a ton of drainage on that side. It's yellow/green boogery drainage but they said that drainage would be normal the first few weeks. But this is the first time we saw this. And it's getting redder around the tube. Surgery was 6 days ago. No fever, only complains when it's touched.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 7, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Looks like granulation tissue is forming. Completely normal. The dr can cauterize it.

CameronsMommy23
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Bump!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 8, 2012 at 5:27 AM

Yes, I agree with Amanda...granulation tissue.  Now, Brady had the same thing but his doctor didn't cauterize it...instead she used silver nitrate to "burn" it off...it didn't hurt too bad to be honest but works like a charm!  We use it at home sometimes as well:)  

It's just his body's way of trying to close up a hole that it doesn't think should be there!

Quoting mandee1503:

Looks like granulation tissue is forming. Completely normal. The dr can cauterize it.

Mipsy
by Chelle on May. 8, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Ok :) thanks! My sil does the nitrate at home. Should we take him in? Or leave it be?

And I have some other questions too. Like his formula will come out the hole, not the tube, but the hole around the tube. Is that ok or normal?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Yes, I agree with Amanda...granulation tissue.  Now, Brady had the same thing but his doctor didn't cauterize it...instead she used silver nitrate to "burn" it off...it didn't hurt too bad to be honest but works like a charm!  We use it at home sometimes as well:)  

It's just his body's way of trying to close up a hole that it doesn't think should be there!

Quoting mandee1503:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)