Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Doctor or ER trip

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:39 PM
  • 9 Replies

So DD isnt feeling good right now. Trying to figure if I should take her to the doctors or straight to the ER. Here's whats going on. Last night my MIL was watching her and she threw up after dinner..DD NEVER throws up even when she was an infant NEVER. Now today she hasn't really woken up except I made her wake up enough to take her juice with her meds but other than that she has been in a deep sleep. She has a fever and she is coughing too. I'm scared because she hasn't been fully vaccinated due to all of her medical conditions. I'm going to take her to one or the other (doctor or ER) but my question is does anyone think there could be an underlying issue deeper than just a regular cold that should be taken to the ER? Anyone's child have any of these problems sometimes?

by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Elyssa414
by Elyssa on May. 10, 2012 at 7:40 PM
I would call your doctor and ask if they would like her brought in or if you should go to the ER! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 10, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Good luck. Try your dr first. But they will probably suggest the ER.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjamom
by Michele on May. 10, 2012 at 8:51 PM
I would probably call the doctor first. Our doctor is great about getting us in right away when my kids are sick. The Pediatrician has, however, sent us to the ER from his office a few times, once by ambulance. How high is her fever?
mom2zachy122
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I'd call the MD, see if they can give you an appt within 3-4 hours....you'll probably wait that long at the ER, anyway.  If they can't get you in within that time frame, more or less, go to the ER. 

They symptoms she's having are not unusual if her fever is high (101/102 or higher)....just be on it today.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.....

natesmom1228
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:15 AM

How is she feeling today?

MauiStylinMommy
by Member on May. 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM
So we ended up going to the ER..luckily we did because we were air lifted to the childrens hospital on Oahu. She wouldn't stop seizing..they gave her multiple doses of Ativan to stop them but they didn't. We are now going on her 3rd day of not eating and they are thinking of putting in an NG tube. I'm freaking out and my husband is still back home. *sigh*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM

OH my!!!  Thinking of you and your dd and your dh and rest of your family!! Huge hugs to you momma!!! Keep us posted!!

momgirlsx2
by Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Prayers and hugs for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Oh mama!  I'm sorry!  HUGS to you and I'm thinking about you guys...keep us posted please!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN