Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

How do your kids do getting their hair cut or trimmed?

Posted by   + Show Post

My son is not too thrilled-he don't like the noise but other than that he lets you trim it--he gives you the most awful looking faces though--

How about your kids?

by on May. 11, 2012 at 6:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
glory_love
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:36 PM
My son does pretty well when dad cuts his hair..he laughs alot when his dad trims the side...it tickles him..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:17 PM

How sweet!! That is good he does pretty well!

Quoting glory_love:

My son does pretty well when dad cuts his hair..he laughs alot when his dad trims the side...it tickles him..

lifeisajoy
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

She does have long hair! Pretty hair too!  She is a cutie

Quoting MeTaL_MoMmA_08:

you can see the length really well in this one... :)

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Would love to see a pic!!

Quoting MeTaL_MoMmA_08:

LoL it is, I'm freakin' jealous! I'll try and find a pic...

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Sounds like beautiful hair!!

Quoting MeTaL_MoMmA_08:

I've only ever cut my DD's bangs (she's 3, and her hair is down to the middle of her back - and goes to her butt when wet), and I'm currently letting those grow out.

lifeisajoy
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:19 PM

How sweet!! That is awesome!!  I will have to find the duck song-my son loves music

Quoting Tristan_0824:

Tristan does great, my mom cuts his hair so I put the duck song from YouTube on for him and it entertains him while we cut his his hair.

lifeisajoy
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Totally understand mama-also here lots of consistency and repetition to get where we are at! That is awesome he did great with his haircut yesterday!

Quoting mom2zachy122:

We started when he was really young.  It was predictably difficult with my ADHD, ASD, sensory kid, but, true to his nature, lots and lots of consistency and repetition have made him much much better.  He just had his hair cut yesterday and Mary said he did great.  (only took 5 years, haha)

deb716
by on May. 14, 2012 at 7:04 AM

My grown Aspie son (almost 19) won't go to a hairdresser. He lets his hair grow so long. He will beg me to cut it with the clippers-so I do. He still hates it when I do it but he can't stand a stranger cutting his hair.

marcie1455
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Hair cutting is PURE HELL!  I hate it.  I hope someday it will get better.  My son is always miserable.  He scratches, bites, whines and tantrums.  I feel horrible during cutting.  My husband and I cut it at home.

Jjmill5
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:56 AM
My ds is 5 yo just got to where he will sit well for haircuts and he does better at the barber. Before it was complete hysterics
lifeisajoy
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Hi! My son also 19 and we cut his too-well my husband does-I am not good at it-lol-looks like a lawn mower got after it if I try-

Quoting deb716:

My grown Aspie son (almost 19) won't go to a hairdresser. He lets his hair grow so long. He will beg me to cut it with the clippers-so I do. He still hates it when I do it but he can't stand a stranger cutting his hair.

lifeisajoy
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Hugs to you!!  I hope so to for you, your husband, and ds get better and soon!

Quoting marcie1455:

Hair cutting is PURE HELL!  I hate it.  I hope someday it will get better.  My son is always miserable.  He scratches, bites, whines and tantrums.  I feel horrible during cutting.  My husband and I cut it at home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN