Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

I can't stand it when people put their children at risk

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:00 PM
  • 12 Replies
I was just driving in Seattle on the freeway and in the car in front of me a lady scooped an infant out of its carseat and just started playing with the baby on her lap! ON THE FREAKING FREEWAY! Ugh. Of course I called the SPD and they said they would dispatch a trooper.

It just makes me so mad- don't they realize how much can change in one instant?!? :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sammygrl77
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Wow! That is awful! I hope they catch her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Soulmate-2-R
by New Member on May. 11, 2012 at 10:17 PM

okay....but unless you got her tag number or whatever...not much is going to happen...even if the cops go to her house...she is probably going to get a warning if that....cops are way to busy with real crimes to really do anything about this...

Elyssa414
by Elyssa on May. 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Well, I gave them her tag number and I hope they at least go talk to her- maybe it will scare her into taking her child's safety more seriously. It's going to be really hard to have empathy for her when she gets in an accident and ends up joining our group...

Quoting Soulmate-2-R:

okay....but unless you got her tag number or whatever...not much is going to happen...even if the cops go to her house...she is probably going to get a warning if that....cops are way to busy with real crimes to really do anything about this...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Joy on May. 11, 2012 at 10:27 PM

unbelievable

Soulmate-2-R
by New Member on May. 11, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Quoting Elyssa414:

Well, I gave them her tag number and I hope they at least go talk to her- maybe it will scare her into taking her child's safety more seriously. It's going to be really hard to have empathy for her when she gets in an accident and ends up joining our group...

Quoting Soulmate-2-R:

i know how you feel...but i have a friend who is a patrol officer and most of the time the cops dont even go to the house...they just tell you that so you will feel something has been done, but he said most of the time it is just filed and nothing is ever done....it takes a back seat to other things of more importance and unless the cop actually sees her do it it is sort of her word against yours and how do they know that you are not just trying to get attention or are somehow trying to make trouble for this person because of something personal...so 9 times out of 10 they dont even do anything about it.

mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM
That's awful! People are ridiculous!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Scary

jjamom
by Michele on May. 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Quoting Soulmate-2-R:

I think that is very unfortunate. I don't think issuing a ticket for someone speeding is any more important than talking to a mother who is taking her infant out of the carseat while the car is moving. It is very irresponsible and putting her child at great risk. To me that does seem important. I also hate to think that officers say they'll do something only to ignore it. Would they ignore it as well if you reported a drunk driver?
Soulmate-2-R
by New Member on May. 12, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Quoting jjamom:

Quoting Soulmate-2-R:

I think that is very unfortunate. I don't think issuing a ticket for someone speeding is any more important than talking to a mother who is taking her infant out of the carseat while the car is moving. It is very irresponsible and putting her child at great risk. To me that does seem important. I also hate to think that officers say they'll do something only to ignore it. Would they ignore it as well if you reported a drunk driver?

well when i talked to him about this post he said that especially in big cities where they are stretched as it is...cases like this where it was just some random person reporting it it usually takes a back seat to them actually seeing it them selves...just like if you report a drunk driver they usually follow that person if they can locate them before anything else just to make sure that it is legitimate....it is all about time a resources be well spent

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Wow!  Hope they got her!  That's horrible!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)