Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirtazapine

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:38 AM
  • 13 Replies
Hi has anyone had any experience of mirtazapine? My son 18 with ASD is on mirtazapine, 30mg each night. I wold love to hear of anyone else who is on this medication.
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 13, 2012 at 11:30 AM

No idea, but here is a bump!

Jeanne61
by on May. 13, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Thanks Mandee :-)
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 13, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Never heard of it mama...sorry!

natesmom1228
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Nope I have never heard of it.

sammygrl77
by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:09 PM
I have never hard of it. Sorry:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Joy on May. 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM

welcome ,,,,my son was on this when younger he is 12 now , he took it to give him a appetite to gain weight as he was at or close to failure to thrive for some years , it also helped him sleep

Jeanne61
by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Hi Letstalk thanks very much for your reply. Glen has put on weight since being on the medication he was already a stocky lad so this medication isn't great for Glen in that respect but recently his weight has settled down which is good. I hope others will reply it is good to get other peoples views who have had experience with this medication.
Jeanne61
by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:48 PM

BUMP!

jmagnusmom
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Never heard of it but I have heard of parents who refuse to medicate their ASD kids.  Mine is somewhere in the middle of the spectrum and also non-verbal.  The only thing I give him is vitamins (he'll only eat certain things.  I'm one of those people who really hates Big Pharma.  Most of the drugs they try to make us take are both useless and harmful.  I would suggest you try to research it on line.  Good luck, mama!

jmagnusmom
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Mirtazpine is an anti-depressant.  What is your son's ASD level?  I met a man whose daughter was on all kinds of meds that made her almost like a vegetable.  He took her off everything and she's attending college, studying math. What therapies does your son receive?  Maybe there are alternatives that would help better than drugs. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)