Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

I am not a good grocery shopper what can I do to make things better:

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:41 AM
  • 4 Replies
This is for the special needs moms but others can post I can only shop once a month get lucky twice for grocies I do receive food stamps now my daughter who is 19 attends a day support program Wednesdays thru Fridays since January 6th now buying food for the house drinks snacks etc is very hard she has to have her a lunch to take with her that is 12 to 15 days out of the month, now I always end up needing more bread things to drink etc

On the first if it falls on a daysupport day she will stay out she is picked up 2 days after nine and Fridays by ten she goes to school other 2 days I cannot drive sometimes I may get lucky and get a ride if not we ride a cab to the store and back now I do have a lot to get and it can be rough going Brittany gets tired and so do I I get up early so we can beat the crowds her hours forgot day support are 10 to 2 I need 2 carts of food but I have all kinds of worries how are we going to get it in when we get here to the apartment some cab drivers help others don't we are lucky to have a hallway we can go through Brittany can only help a little.

So ladies how can I do better so I wont be stressing until the first rolls around someone got put charges on her card her monthly check is depoisted on last month now I only have $48.60 I see now I will be needing more bread something to drink I can no longer work so I am home all day which I do not always wont water but afraid to drink anything because its needed for her for day support.

Should I get everything in one day I know spend all the foodstamps I pay bills out of her check too plus have to get toilet paper ect for the house but I said I am going to start going to family dollar on another day cheaper then get a cab back unless I can get a ride
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 17, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Can you shop just for a week at a time?  Is that possible?

willysmama
by on May. 17, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Do you have a day old bread store that you can stock up on bread?

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 17, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Great idea...you can always buy things and freeze them for later!

Quoting willysmama:

Do you have a day old bread store that you can stock up on bread?

andyroosmama
by on May. 17, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I use a lot of coupons... luckily, the store I shop at, does in store coupons and meal deals... the meal deals are awesome... I only buy one or two items and get between 6-8 items free... they are usually all together, and include a bread, starch, veggies, dessert and drink... its the meat you buy... and I also make good use of my slow cooker and crock pot... and portion and freeze.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)