Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

leg is numb? off topic...

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:20 PM
  • 12 Replies

Sorry this is totally off topic, but my husband's leg has been numb for a few weeks, and he just told me about it tonight! He has a dr's appt tomorrow. I'm nervous because his father died of a heart attack at 54, & DH is 51.. Hopefully it's just arthritis or something...ughhhhh, it's always something!

Anyhow, thanks for listening!

by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
girl_incognito
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Could be a pinched nerve too. Good Luck to you and yours tomorrrow

sammygrl77
by on May. 22, 2012 at 8:45 PM
(((Hugs))) hopefully it is a pinched nerve. Keep us updated!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandee1503
by Amanda on May. 22, 2012 at 8:59 PM

*hugs* Hope its nothing major, let us know.

jjamom
by Michele on May. 23, 2012 at 8:58 AM
I hope everything is ok! I agree, it may be something more neurological than cardiovascular. I'd have him get both checked out. Let us know what happens.

My Uncle passed away suddenly from a heart attack at age 51. He was very active and in fact, was getting snowmobiles loaded up to go on a trip when he had the heart attack. His Father (my Dad's step father), died of a heart attack in his early 50's as well. So, they told my cousin, who was only about 20 at the time his Father died, to be very careful with his cardiovascular health, exercise, eat healthy, etc, because it is genetic. :(
karenl
by Karen on May. 23, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Thank you! Wow sorry to hear about your uncle, that's so young! I really worry about my husband... I think this is just a pinched nerve or something. I know it really has to be bugging him for him to go to the dr! lol 

Quoting jjamom:

I hope everything is ok! I agree, it may be something more neurological than cardiovascular. I'd have him get both checked out. Let us know what happens.

My Uncle passed away suddenly from a heart attack at age 51. He was very active and in fact, was getting snowmobiles loaded up to go on a trip when he had the heart attack. His Father (my Dad's step father), died of a heart attack in his early 50's as well. So, they told my cousin, who was only about 20 at the time his Father died, to be very careful with his cardiovascular health, exercise, eat healthy, etc, because it is genetic. :(

karenl
by Karen on May. 23, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Thanks ladies, I will let you know how it goes...

jjamom
by Michele on May. 23, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Quoting karenl:

Thanks. We lost him a few years ago now, but it was a complete shock, very unexpected.

I hope your DH gets some answers soon and that it is not a major issue!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 23, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Hugs mama!  Keep us posted and I hope things go well!

karenl
by Karen on May. 24, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Well the doc said he thinks it's a form of Sciatica & referred him to an Orhopedist. At least it doesn't have anything to do with his heart! He's been laid off for 2 years & then went back to work full force so I'm sure he probably did something at work.

Thanks for all the well wishes!! 

karenl
by Karen on May. 24, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Wow that is terrible...(((hugs)))

Quoting jjamom:

Quoting karenl:

Thanks. We lost him a few years ago now, but it was a complete shock, very unexpected.

I hope your DH gets some answers soon and that it is not a major issue!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)