Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Okay my four year old is able to pee and poop in the toilet all during the day.  But at night, no fail, he always wakes up in the morning with a diarrhea style poop.  When he poops during the day it is normal.  Someone mentioned Crohn's disease, colitis, or celiac.  He has been tested for celiacs and it came back negative.  I don't know whether to try to train him to get up during the night, but, I am unsure of when he actually does it, he just wakes up with it.  He wears a pull up at night...but that is the only time.  

by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Replies (11-14):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 28, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I'm sorry to  hear this mama!  Hugs!  Hope you get some answers...I'd talk to the pedi about it.

mrsgrimes2004
by on May. 28, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I have to say I am glad I am not alone in my fight for Poopy Training. I am sorry to hear of your difficuties though. I have a 9 year old son who I thought we had him broke of pooping his pants last summer but not sure what happened. My son will go to the potty to poop but there are several days in a row to which he has accidents. His is sometimes mush, and sometimes hard he is so confusing sometimes I really wish you good luck and maybe we will both have good news to report soon.....

fingers crossedI am crossing my fingers for both to not have any problems in the future of Poopy training

karenl
by Karen on May. 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Hi I thought my son had diarrhea and it was the opposite, he was constipated! The dr's call it constipation with "leakage". Sorry if TMI. Tyler had all kinds of tests too, all came back negative.

I wish I had advice, my son is going to be 5 soon and is still in pullups because of his GI issues. Does he go right back to sleep after the diarrhea or does his belly hurt? 

GatorLady0307
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:51 AM

He hasn't been tested for anything...but he does see the GI in August...he doesn't wake up at all when he goes in the middle of the night, and I am unsure whether to wake him up or not...he usually just wakes up with it...he doesn't really complain about his stomach hurting, but then again this morning, he kept saying "Ow" and I asked him what hurt, and he pointed to his stomach...so maybe it is the start of the stomach pains?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)