Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

How is the end of the school year going for you and your kids?

Posted by on May. 28, 2012 at 7:15 AM
  • 27 Replies

Busy!! for us--b/w OT/Pt starting at home--switching life skills hours due to he has an Art show and Graduation Party to attend and also a wonderful field trip to go too and just him getting adjusted to all the time--Busy, fun, but a tad chaotic --and fitting a whole bunch of apts and meetings that somehow was toward the end of the school year--like about 10 apts/meetings in one week.  OH also trying to fill a whole bunch of new prescriptions-for equipment/braces/fixing wheelchair mainly--

How about you and your kids?

by on May. 28, 2012 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chi_moma
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I only have 1 in school right now. But the end of the year is pretty simple for her since it's only preschool! Just an IEP meeting, getting her stuff transferred over for kindergarten next year and end of the year physical! I think once this next school year begins is when all the chaotic "mess" will begin!

jjamom
by Michele on May. 28, 2012 at 12:13 PM
My kids don't get out until June 8th, but it is SO busy right now with end of the year activities, programs, trips, etc. With three kids in three different schools (actually 3 different clusters, even) my head is spinning!
willysmama
by on May. 28, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Willy is out of school now and has for about a week. Its been a little stressful. But we are adjusting to the new schedule. Today we are suppose to get a special potty for him. I still have one meeting left for this next school year but i have to wait for the SLOW drs to send in their paperwork that had since the first part of april. I have been calling them almost daily to make sure its done. but other than that we have been dealing with a strange sleep pattern which will be corrected shortly. He starts a new sleep med next month.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 28, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Not too bad...Brady is out of school after June 13, and we've already had his IEP meeting last week.  My husband has surgery this Friday and then next Friday is Brady's MRI on his brain, ABR test, ear tubes.

lifeisajoy
by on May. 28, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Wish you and her well in transitioning to kindergarten!!

Quoting chi_moma:

I only have 1 in school right now. But the end of the year is pretty simple for her since it's only preschool! Just an IEP meeting, getting her stuff transferred over for kindergarten next year and end of the year physical! I think once this next school year begins is when all the chaotic "mess" will begin!

lifeisajoy
by on May. 28, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Oh Wow!! Michele my head spinning just reading this!  Wish you all well with the end of the school year busy time

Quoting jjamom:

My kids don't get out until June 8th, but it is SO busy right now with end of the year activities, programs, trips, etc. With three kids in three different schools (actually 3 different clusters, even) my head is spinning!

lifeisajoy
by on May. 28, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Hi Val--totally understand about SLOW doctors--we have been waiting for a wheelchair part-since January-luckily it is not one that totally breaks his chair down-but ugg!!  and you call and call and it still don't get done.  Oh how exciting with the potty!! What kind is he getting?  My son has an invacare bedside commode.  

Quoting willysmama:

Willy is out of school now and has for about a week. Its been a little stressful. But we are adjusting to the new schedule. Today we are suppose to get a special potty for him. I still have one meeting left for this next school year but i have to wait for the SLOW drs to send in their paperwork that had since the first part of april. I have been calling them almost daily to make sure its done. but other than that we have been dealing with a strange sleep pattern which will be corrected shortly. He starts a new sleep med next month.

lifeisajoy
by on May. 28, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Darby-wish you well with all the apts for Brady and thinking of you and your husband for your husbands surgery.  Hope the IEP meeting went well.  John gets out June 7th

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Not too bad...Brady is out of school after June 13, and we've already had his IEP meeting last week.  My husband has surgery this Friday and then next Friday is Brady's MRI on his brain, ABR test, ear tubes.

jjamom
by Michele on May. 28, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Quoting lifeisajoy:

Thanks! It is very busy, but also all good stuff (with the exception of my DD's final exams, lol). We have a book sharing party, a math tournament, a trip to six flags, an autograph party/ picnic, a field day and a 5th grade recognition ceremony and I'm probably forgetting something! Lol

lifeisajoy
by on May. 28, 2012 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Michele-you are allowed to forget something--someone might remind you-lol-that is what I hope with me-that someone will eventually remind me--My oh my --sounds fun and busy!

Quoting jjamom:

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Thanks! It is very busy, but also all good stuff (with the exception of my DD's final exams, lol). We have a book sharing party, a math tournament, a trip to six flags, an autograph party/ picnic, a field day and a 5th grade recognition ceremony and I'm probably forgetting something! Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)