Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't think I will ever get used to this!

Posted by   + Show Post
I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. My son is in the transition phase of his disorder. Meaning the time leading up to him having an actual attack. He has something known as PFAPA. From what I have been told it's a disorder where for no reason every 4 to 6 weeks the affected child while spike high fever for upwards of 4 to 7 days. Up to the days leading up to an attack they will have triggers and usually the same ones everytime or can develope new ones. It has been exactly 4 1/2 weeks since he had his last attack. Wednesday night he was complaining of having trouble breathing. Woke up thrusday morning complaining of a sore throat. No obivous sign when I looked to explain the sore throat. Wednesday and thrusday he was very moody and his allergies were through the roof. Coughing, sneezing and watery eyes. Around 3 o'clock yesterday he got stung by a bee on the bottom of his foot. After getting stung he complain of his foot hurting. Upon further investagating I notice the bottom of his foot was swollen, dark red and hot to the touch. As the night went on he complained of the pain getting worse to the point he wouldn't even walk on it. As I was putting him to bed he was saying that whenever he coughed his chest hurt. I don't know what to do. Part of me knows there is nothing his doctors can do for him or will do for him. I can't stand to see him like this. I know I should be used to this by now, but I'm not and I don't think I every will be. What to do, help?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:43 AM
Replies (11-12):
lifeisajoy
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:00 PM

YES!! that is it-once you said it-it clicked--I have not worked there in years--

Quoting Mipsy:

CVS? Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome?

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Does he vomit?  I know my boss's little girl had something like that--not sure of the name but every 4 to 6 weeks she would vomit extensively and it was called something-I felt awful for my boss and her little girl.  

Take Care and thinking of you--

TommyAbby
by Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Take him in and get it checked out just to make sure he doesn't have in infection or an unusual reaction to that bee sting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)