Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Special Needs Kids Raising Special Needs Kids

Does your children take naps and/or sleep good?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:32 AM
  • 35 Replies

My ds is 19 yrs old and he still takes naps and sleeps through the night unless he is having GI issues and his stomach is hurting him

How about your kiddos?

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Ds does bother most days. Dd doesn't nap and is a horrible sleeper. She has to be in my bed and is super fidgety and a real crabapple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:40 AM

has she always been since a baby?  Isn't she like 3 or 4?

Quoting mandee1503:

Ds does bother most days. Dd doesn't nap and is a horrible sleeper. She has to be in my bed and is super fidgety and a real crabapple.

jjamom
by Michele on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM
My DS does not nap on a regular basis anymore, but will once in a while take a catch up nap or fall asleep in the car. He sleeps very well at night now, however. He used to have sleep apnea, but we had his tonsils and adenoids out, so it helped a lot. Periodically, for what reason I don't know, he will ocassionally get up in the middle of the night.
mandee1503
by Amanda on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:45 AM
She's 4. She use to be awesome when she was younger. Then she hit 2 and refused to nap then got a big girl bed and refused to sleep in it.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Quoting mandee1503:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM

oh no-did you try to put the big girl bed at the end of your bed?  I have heard that has worked-then slowly move it out of your room and eventually to her room--I know this may sound weird but heard it has worked for many people--

Quoting mandee1503:

She's 4. She use to be awesome when she was younger. Then she hit 2 and refused to nap then got a big girl bed and refused to sleep in it.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Quoting mandee1503:

lifeisajoy
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:49 AM

or how about a big girl bed party!! Like so excited about the bed--and have her stuffed animals or dolls and you and your ds and dh and have a little party about sleeping in big girl bed and how cool it is to sleep in it--don't know if you want ideas-but just thought of that too-

Quoting mandee1503:

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Quoting mandee1503:

lifeisajoy
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:50 AM

that is good having them removed have helped your ds sleep!!  

Quoting jjamom:

My DS does not nap on a regular basis anymore, but will once in a while take a catch up nap or fall asleep in the car. He sleeps very well at night now, however. He used to have sleep apnea, but we had his tonsils and adenoids out, so it helped a lot. Periodically, for what reason I don't know, he will ocassionally get up in the middle of the night.

mandee1503
by Amanda on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

She does so much better when daddy is at work at night. She sleeps for me. LoL! She has a mattress in our room, but likes being in our bed so she can see the tv. She'll grow out of it eventually. She will get to Pre-k/k and get made fun of, or find out all her friends have thier own bed, she start staying in her room.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

or how about a big girl bed party!! Like so excited about the bed--and have her stuffed animals or dolls and you and your ds and dh and have a little party about sleeping in big girl bed and how cool it is to sleep in it--don't know if you want ideas-but just thought of that too-

Quoting mandee1503:

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Quoting mandee1503:

natesmom1228
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

My son is 11. He doesn't take naps and most of the time he sleeps through the night. He does take Clodine at bedtime.

willysmama
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Willy sleep has gotten worse. He has been staying up for 24 hrs-36hrs at a time than crashes. He still is taking his melatonin. I see his dr in a couple of weeks. already called them to see if their is something else to try.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)